what is the quickest way to enter deposits from a bank statement without having to create a sales re

Lexie32
Lexie32 Member Posts: 10
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Accounts- how to speed up recording my sales deposits?

Comments

• Lexie32
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Kevin, unfortunately I have 14 months of back entry to do!  And using the sales receipt entry gives me a lot of extra keystrokes that I was hoping I could cut out!
  • Lexie32
    edited June 2015
    Hmm...okay thanks Kevin.  I only have the paper copies so will slog along.......make sure i get up and move myself often or the keyboard will be permanently attached to my fingers!
    I did think there may have been a batch entry option that didn't have so many extra fields.....
  • Lexie32
    edited June 2015
    I'm using the current Hosted Accounts version.
  • Lexie32
    edited June 2015
    Okay great, thanks Kevin that sounds sensible.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Lexie, if you don't have bankdata download option, and depending on what you need to enter on the sales receipts, consider 'memorising' the sales receipt. e.g if you don't need to identify each customer the memorise a sales receipt that says 'daily takings', or you could add the customer name only after each 'daily takings'.

Think about what it is you are typing the most and memorise a sales receipt with most of the information, leaving little to change with each deposit.  You can memorise more than one if it helps, one for 'daily takings - eft' one for 'daily takings - cash' etc.

If no gst involved then use "deposit'.
  • Lexie32
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Kim,  The only things that change are the date, amount and the GST.  I dont need to record customer and the class is always the same.  Just that there are so many fields to tab through that i don't need or that don't change.
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Lexie

If you have a spreadsheet with Date, Amount and GST, I am able to create a file to import the transactions into Reckon.  Probably about 2 hours work to create the data and upload it. 

Give me a call if you would like further info.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Lexie32
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Graham, reckon I'll be okay for now.