What report do I run for the GST turnover required by ATO for the Jobkeeper? We are a P&C and are not registered for GST. TY!

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Wanting to ensure I have reported the correct figures to the ATO and at the moment we do not have an accountant to ask this question of.  We a re a school P&C and my background on accounting is very basic.  We arent registered for GST, so when I try to run the report I think I should be using it isnt pulling any data.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Photo of Kristen


  • 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 2 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Tanya Briggs

Tanya Briggs, Accredited Partner

  • 1,082 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The figure they'll want is your sales figure.  Have a look at the profit and loss report.
Photo of Kristen


  • 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Tanya, so the figure from that report would be the Net Position for the period we are claiming jobkeeper?  There is so much information out there I have completely confused myself.  
Photo of LyndaC


  • 872 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kristen

Print off your Profit and loss making it only for the month of April.

Your Turnover figure is the Income figure for the month.

Then you need to estimate what your turnover will be for the next month.

Hope this simplifies the explanation for you.
Photo of Rhys Timms

Rhys Timms

  • 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kristen.  

Sorry about the impacts this Covid thing is having on our community.  In repsect of your school P&C committee, you do not need to be registered for GST.  The GST turnover the ATO quote is defined  here :


In summary, as Tanya says, run the "P&L report" for this period, versus the corresponsing period - and this should be sufficent evidence your association has suffered a reduction in income due to the covid impacts.