What report do I run for the GST turnover required by ATO for the Jobkeeper? We are a P&C and are n

Kristen_9983120
Kristen_9983120 Member Posts: 6
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Wanting to ensure I have reported the correct figures to the ATO and at the moment we do not have an accountant to ask this question of.  We a re a school P&C and my background on accounting is very basic.  We arent registered for GST, so when I try to run the report I think I should be using it isnt pulling any data.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Tanya Briggs
    Tanya Briggs Accredited Partner Posts: 75 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2020
    The figure they'll want is your sales figure.  Have a look at the profit and loss report.
  • Kristen_9983120
    Kristen_9983120 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Tanya, so the figure from that report would be the Net Position for the period we are claiming jobkeeper?  There is so much information out there I have completely confused myself.  
  • Rhys Timms
    Rhys Timms Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2020
    Hi Kristen.  

Sorry about the impacts this Covid thing is having on our community.  In repsect of your school P&C committee, you do not need to be registered for GST.  The GST turnover the ATO quote is defined  here :

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/In-detail/Applying-the-turnover-test/?anchor=Basictest#Basictest

In summary, as Tanya says, run the "P&L report" for this period, versus the corresponsing period - and this should be sufficent evidence your association has suffered a reduction in income due to the covid impacts.

• LyndaC
    LyndaC Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2020
    Hi Kristen

Print off your Profit and loss making it only for the month of April.

Your Turnover figure is the Income figure for the month.

Then you need to estimate what your turnover will be for the next month.

Hope this simplifies the explanation for you.