What tax code do you use for overseas non GST purchases please?

Sarah Jane
Sarah Jane Member Posts: 38
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Hi, just wondering which tax code people use for imported items where GST isn't applicable (usually paid separately on another invoice via another company). NCF seems to be more for government charges?

I'm also having a problem where when the GST is paid even though I have ticked the box to allow editting the GST amount, it won't let me put 100% of the amount as GST, it seems to only allow half and when I click off that line it will either amend the GST amount or the total amount.

All in Reckon One - thank you!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    NCF used to be for most purchases without GST. Not really necessary any more as G11 is not reported in the BAS. If you’re referring to entering the GST on the above type of payment - I never edit the GST amount, I multiply the GST by 10 and put that in the first line with tax code NCG, the tax now works out then I tab to the next line and enter the balance, usually a negative, to the same account with no tax code
  • Sarah Jane
    Sarah Jane Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the heads up re NCF I thought it was just for GST free not imported goods that had GST applied afterwards so good to know!

The GST is charged separately by the carrier and so isn't 10% - should have been clear I'm trying to enter it under a Bill since it's been invoiced