When emailing PDF the report is blank

Options
Brad_7095875
Brad_7095875 Member Posts: 7
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When creating a report or any document and trying to email it, the PDF is produced but is blank? I have tried the PDF Repair tool, SFC and rebooting the PC. We are using Reckon Accounts 2014. 

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Brad,

Sorry for the troubles you are experiencing.

Just wondering is this issue also happening with PDFs that were not created by Reckon?
    Or is this only happening with PDFs generated from Reckon Accounts 2014?

For troubleshooting:
    Can you try copying or sending the PDF file to another PC to see if it can be viewed?

If the PDF can be viewed from another PC this would indicate a corruption in the PDF Viewer that you have installed.

Attempt to update to the latest version of the PDF viewer or perform an uninstall & reinstall the latest version.

To follow up:
    • What is your computers Operating System?
    • What is the PDF Viewer program you are using?
    • Is this happening all of the time or some of the time?
    Looking forward to your reply,
    Alex
  • Brad_7095875
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi Alex, thank you for the response. No it is only happening to PDF's created by Reckon. I have sent the pdf via email to myself and it is blank also.

Win 7 Pro 64
    Adobe Reader XI
    It happens all the time with the Reckon PDF's.

We have recently purchased a new Konica Minolta MFC but this doesnt appear to be related to this.

I have attached a screen shot of what is onscreen when sending the email report.

• Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Brad,

You might want to give this article a try.
    http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3944

I'd say you would only have to try out the first and second set of steps to get it working again but there are a third set of steps if the issue still persists.

In the third set of instructions (if you have to go that far) - it mentions a "QuickBooks v303 PDF converter".

If you are running Reckon Accounts 2014 then the PDF converter would be called "Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter".

Try that out and let me know if its been resolved or not.
    -Alex

• Brad_7095875
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Awesome, thank you will try tonight. Will let you know. Cheers  Brad
  • Brad_7095875
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Bad news Alex :( 

When trying step 1 you don't have any options to get into the printer settings (See photo)

Tried both step 2 & 3 and no success?

Not sure what to try now?

Brad

• Brad_7095875
    edited September 2014
    Options
    After doing step 3 and deleting the PDF Converters, I have run the install.exe and the Amyuni is the only converter that gets installed.
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Brad,

Sorry I did forget to mention that you will need to rename the Amyuni converter back to "Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter".
    -After renaming the PDF converter can you try emailing again?

Also with the first set of steps it would suggest that you may have your own printer installed.
    -If you have a printer installed please switch it to your printer and try it again.
    -If you do not have a printer installed you may skip this step.

Additional steps you can try are:
    Setting up Reckon Accounts 2014 to permanently open in administrator mode.
    (Right click on your Reckon Accounts 2014 icon, go to Properties, go to Compatibility, tick "Run this program as an administrator" and click OK to close it off).

Assuming you have Microsoft Outlook installed you can try the same
    (Right click on your Microsoft Outlook icon, go to Properties, go to Compatibility, tick "Run this program as an administrator" and click OK to close it off).

Restart your computer, Open up both Reckon Accounts and Outlook then try again to email out the PDF.

If this hasn't worked just let me know what's happened and I'll see what else I can do for you.

Regards,
    -Alex
  • Brad_7095875
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Alex, have tried unsuccessfully to fix this issue.

Could you advise the steps to rename the Amyuni converter, I think I have done it right but would like to confirm.
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Brad,

If you can - please try opening the sample company file or any other company file that you may have. If the issue still persists in the other company files I would suggest to uninstall and then reinstall our software in order to remedy this issue.

If the issue is not present in other company files let me know and I will investigate further into the issue.

-Alex
  • Brad_7095875
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi Alex, have completely uninstalled and reinstalled, no good, have totally removed all the associated PDF printers and run the repair option in add - remove programs. Dontknow what to do now! Please Help. Have tried to load Sample Company but am unable to locate? 
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Brad,

The default location for the datafiles are located here:
    C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files

You can also do a computer search for QBW which indicates that it is a company datafile.

Once you locate your file can you try emailing a PDF attachment again?
    Or have you already tried and same result occurring?

Another thing to try is bringing up an invoice (for example) and clicking the File menu and going to "Save as PDF"

In regards to the sample company file, it should appear when you do a computer search for the word QBW

If you can let me know the results it would be much appreciated!
    -Alex
  • Josef de Joanelli
    Josef de Joanelli Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue.

Customers are complaining of completely blank PDFs, however when I forward the email around here, we have some computers reading the file fine, and some not.

I did an online PDF/A validation and these are the results:

Validating file "Statement1_from_GLASS_EXPANSION_PTY_LTD.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1aThe key Metadata is required but missing.
    The key MarkInfo is required but missing.
    A device-specific color space (DeviceGray) without an appropriate output intent is used.
    The key CIDSet is required but missing.
    A device-specific color space (DeviceRGB) without an appropriate output intent is used.
    The document does not conform to the requested standard.
    The document contains device-specific color spaces.
    The document contains fonts without embedded font programs or encoding information (CMAPs).
    The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.
    The document doesn't provide appropriate logical structure information.
    Done.

It seems the PDF being created by Quickbooks is not conforming with PDF/A which might be causing the varied results across different computers.

Cheers,
    Josef