When I create an ABA file it downloads as a PDF in Reckon hosted

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
The dcwnloaded ABA file saves as a PDF. This has only been happening with a new data file. I have checked the online banking information and all is OK
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Its in your file associations in windows. Nothing to do with Reckon. Happy to help
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Sorry but I don't know how to find this or fix the problem
Photo of Kevin Russell

Thats okay. Its why i am here. What version on Windows are you using? Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

two different computers but I think on both Windows 10. Reckon not being much help
Photo of Kevin Russell

You need to change the file associations within windows. Its in the area called Default programs in the Control panel. Let me know if you get stuck Kevin t: 0407744914
(Edited)
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Thanks for the phone help. However, when I try on my computer at home I get the following error message.
but when I try and open it it has this error "Adobe Reader could not open "test.aba because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

Because I work full time for a different company than the bookkeeping I do for the company which is having this problem, it is difficult to replicate the problem on different computers. 
Photo of Kevin Russell

As discussed Wendy the online banking centre is the linch pin of the system. Lets interrogate this together tomorrow. Im confident we can work through the issue