when i send invoices my customers are getting blank emails with no invoice attacted any more whats g

Shaun_9154412
Shaun_9154412 Member Posts: 9
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
When I send invoices my customers are getting blank emails with no invoices attached  

Comments

• Shaun_9154412
    edited June 2017
    Yes for some reason I can open it and see it. At first I thought it was just that one customer and it must be there computer but a second customer has complained they are receiving blank emails also  
  • Shaun_9154412
    edited June 2017
    Not sure just strange that I have been sending them invoices for years not a problem now 2 customers are not getting them ill email them and ask about anti vires
  • Leica Dromgool
    Leica Dromgool Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2018
    I'm having a problem that all my customers are saying that the PDF invoice has been blocked. It has only just starting happening yesterday. 
  • Shaun_9154412
    edited June 2017
    Same thing with us... I cant work out how to fix it for the life of me!!!!!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2022

Hi guys,

Could you both send me a copy dummy email as an example? Hopefully I can use it to ask our Support team for some insight

Cheers

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shaun_9154412
    edited June 2017
    Thank you iv just emailed you a copy of an invoice please let me know if your able to open it or not
    Regards 
    Shaun Wright
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Cheers for that Shaun,

Received it but yes my Outlook has a message stating its blocked access to the attachment. 

Quick question, are you using the new Reckon Accounts Hosted 2017 R2 that was released yesterday? OR still with Hosted 2016 R2?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shaun_9154412
    edited June 2017
    I'm still using reckon hosted 2016 R2 I haven't backed up the old file yet then I was going to up grade do you think this could be the issue???
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    It shouldn't be I don't think. Let me make some inquiries with the team.

Will come back to you.

• Shaun_9154412
    edited June 2017
    Thank you
  • Leica Dromgool
    edited June 2017
    I have just also sent a dummy invoice to that email address from Reckon. have not upgraded yet either. ?
  • Leica Dromgool
    edited June 2017
    I have just also sent a dummy invoice to that email address from Reckon. have not upgraded yet either. ?
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Leica, got it and the same as Shaun unfortunately.

Ok, I've had a chat with our Hosted product manager and while we can't replicate the problem as yet we definitely want to take a closer look.

From both of you, can I please get a list of recipient email addresses this is affecting along with your own (sender) email address. Send it to me on the same email address above when you have a chance.

Cheers
    Rav

• Andrew_9162899
    Andrew_9162899 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Emails spammed, Reckon hosted, getting customer saying PDF attatchements Invoic.... Emails spammed, Reckon hosted, I am getting a few customers letting me know that their PDF attatchements, ie. Invoice, are not not being accepted by their email, and are therefore not getting our invoices. it is happening a bit too much at the moment.Any ideas?
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hey Andrew,

Is what you're experiencing similar to what Shaun & Leica have outlined above?
    If so, can I grab the same details from you as my previous post above?

Cheers
    Rav

• Andrew_9162899
    edited June 2017
    Same here, been sending invoices for years now, and all if the sudden they aren't able to get them. However, it is only a few like this, and just in the last. Couple of weeks. I have always sent me a copy of all emails, so I know wether emails had been sent. I do receive attachments and can open them, so leads me to believe it might be at their end. Food for though?
  • Andrew_9162899
    edited July 2017
    Rav, I am getting more and more customers saying they aren't getting the attachments now. Problem is, I don't know who I've sent to now and who has actually received them. Getting a little bit frustrating now.
  • Leica Dromgool
    edited July 2017
    Same here! And now with end of month invoicing about to go out, I assume I am going to get a whole lot more frustrated customers who cannot open their invoices. 

I am not going to send a list of my customer's email addresses that are affected as I feel that would be against my clients' privacy. 
  • Shaun_9154412
    edited July 2017
    Still not working I'm having to do the invoices then print them off then scan and email them over to them and yes more customers are saying they can't open the invoices!!!!
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes, i had same issues, i  was surprised when 2 of my clients said they did not receive the attached invoice,  called support , they did acknowledge this issue.
    i will be posting in  new thread  any one with this issue , how Cosmic Invoice can help you in getting the invoices received with no issues.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Shaun_9154412
    edited July 2017
    I called support team also but the man was unable to help me he couldn't understand me to well. its been 2 weeks now of not been able to send invoices

• Rav
    edited July 2017
    Hi all,

While there hasn't been any recent changes in Hosted operations that I can say has contributed to this, obviously there are a few of you here that are experiencing the same problem.

I've had a word with our support folk and a point of discussion that came up is the recent tightening of security including email systems following recent breakout ransomware attacks. While its possible, its probably not the case for all of you.

Another reason could be recent Windows or Outlook updates having an impact. 

Finally, and probably the one I'd recommend following up on the most, is to ensure that your emails are marked as 'safe'. That is, ensuring accountshosted@reckon.com is marked as a trusted address by your recipient to ensure attachments aren't blocked or the email itself not diverted to spam/junk (the exact options will vary between email programs)

• Andrew_9162899
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav,

The list is getting longer now with people not getting attachments. Just sent out statements, and more have come through saying they cant get them. It is not an email problem per say, but rather not getting the attachments. I have just had 2 customers tell me that they think the problem is with the 2 dots before the pdf at the end of the link. It looks something like this:

Statement15_from_COMPANY NAME..pdf

Apparently antivirus is picking this up and automatically throwing it out. Maybe get rid of one of the dots? Something to look at maybe??? 
  • Leica Dromgool
    edited July 2017
    I noticed that too Andrew and wondered if that was causing an issue with the anitvirus software. 

Currently, I'm having to save each individual invoice as a PDF to my desktop and manually email the invoice to my customer, including copy and pasting the email message content. It is a major pain and slows my invoicing process right down. Not a fun task when I am trying to get end of month accounts out. 
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    We have a Solution that may help few businesses, and i can offer FREE service for 60 days .

Cosmic Mobile invoice for Android , will get all your invoices instantly attached to the email and also DISPLAY INVOICE NUMBER on the subject line of the email.

The invoice is instantly sent to your clients.

ALL INVOICE DONE USING THE ANDROID GETS SYNCED INTO RAH IN 20 MINS.

WE are proud to announce we have now implemented 1st ONLINE PAYMENT for RAH, your payers
    can now pay you instantly using their credit card and get your money NEXT DAY.

AND WE ALSO DO THE AUTOMATIC  ENTRY FOR YOU IN RAH , THAT IS CLEARING THE PAYMENT CLEARED AND PAID.

http://go.reckon.com/add-on-marketplace-cosmic-invoice/

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Mike Harris
    Mike Harris Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    I think i have found the issue.
    Log into reckon admin and remove the FULL STOP from the end of the company name and the legal name.  It means the resultant pdf attachment has does not contain a period prior to the extension separator.  IE Company Name P.L.  = companyname..pdf  to Company Name P.L = companyname.pdf

seems to be working

Mike 
    0414 065 911
  • Adrian_9204458
    Adrian_9204458 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    I had the same problem and in fact the same time my own Norton AntiSpam put also copies I sent to myself into Spam folder. It did never do that before. 
    So it appears since all the hacker issues several anti-spam / virus software have tightened up. 
    Begs the question whether the Reckon created PDF have some sort of a signature that makes some Anti Virus software strip them off the email.

• Adrian_9204458
    Adrian_9204458 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Yes that fixed it. Thanks a lot.