When I try and print it only fills half the page.

Robyn Cross
Robyn Cross Member Posts: 9
When I try and print it only fills half the page.  The option to print to size does not allow checking? I believe there is a patch in the US for this is there one in Aust also???? Very frustrating.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Robyn,
    Can you give us a bit more detail where you mention "The option to print to size does not allow checking?"

Do you see similar options available to you when going through the Print dialog box as my screenshot below?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have the same challenge. The page scaling button on the screen prior to the one you have shown, is 'greyed out', so that it cannot be used. You are showing the ability to pick the paper size, which does not allow the print to fill the page.
    The only solution I have found to date is to change the font size.
     Finding anything better would be an improvement.
  • Robyn Cross
    edited January 2018
    I change all the printer fonts and it doesn't make a difference.
    I change all the printer settings and still no difference.
    The printer prints with everything else fine.
    This is my view.
    See the size of the print preview......
     I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled reckon 2018 and the pdf print still does the same .  When I reinstall the printer it still does the same.

imageimageimage
  • David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    If changing the font sizes will not work, than the only answer I know would be to export to Excel, and print from there. Not a "nice" work around, but it gets there.
  • Robyn Cross
    edited January 2018
    Obviously they don't care. I print to many reports to do this all the time.
    I can't even send a right size pdf to accountants.
    I tried running with new user in case it was because I was running as administrator.
    Still no difference.

• Robyn Cross
    edited January 2018
    time to change system even paying for assistance and no one can help.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

Have you tried renaming the wpr.dat file?  It will be re-created and hopefully fix your printing issues:

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2688 

Or is it a brother printer:

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3899

I hope this solves your problem?  If not let me know and I'll search for another knowledge base article as I think there may be another one too.

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• Robyn Cross
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Robyn
    Changing the wpr file did not change the overall result it changed the header.

Printing to draft or pdf does not change anything in the printing. It is still the same small size.

Please help me.
    Regards
    Robyn
This discussion has been closed.