When I try and save an Excel file to QDrive I'm getting an error message 'Excel could not open data

Options
Karen_8186034
Karen_8186034 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When I try and save an Excel file to Q Drive I'm getting an error message 'Excel could not open data file' then at other times it works?  This has only started happening over the past week

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    Can you let me know which format Excel file you're saving into the Q drive? ie. .xlsx or .xls?

You mentioned that at other times it works, on those occasions is there anything you do specifically to make it work? ie. logging out & logging back in etc

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Karen_8186034
    Karen_8186034 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Rav 

I'm using .xls files.  No nothing specific, it wasn't working one day & I had logged on and off a number of times, it then worked the next day.  I have logged on and off today with no success, however I just tried it again and it's worked.  Seems to be random, I'm using Windows 10 with Microsoft 2016 Excel would this having anything to do with it? 

Karen

• Kate_9381520
    Kate_9381520 Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I've had the exact same issue. It happens alot when I've exported or emailed a number of excel reports in a row.

The only fix I've found is to go to the Login Screen - Control panel - Log Off Remote Session

This seems to reset it and it will start emailing and exporting in Excel again.
  • Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
    Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Did this issue ever get resolved, I have just starting having the same issue!

• Michelle_9656470
    Michelle_9656470 Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hey Karen, is this still happening to you?  It is still happening to me, and is driving me crazy!  I couldn't finish my cashflow reporting last week because of it.  No matter how many times I logged in and out, it still wouldn't work :(
  • DAR
    DAR Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Kelly,

I've run into the same issue and applied Kate's solution above.

Odd.

Cheers
  • Sharon Turner
    Sharon Turner Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Had same issue.  Thanks Kate.  I used your fix.
  • Tania_10126273
    Tania_10126273 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Same issue, log off and log on worked. Thanks for the tip everyone. Note to Reckon....fix it!!

• JulieH
    JulieH Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I'm having this issue again too.  I've logged in and out and checked for remote sessions and there weren't any.  Very frustrating it happens all the time.
  • Susan Maxwell
    Susan Maxwell Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Me too. Logged off didnt work. 
    Control Panel, Logged off my own session and it now works.
    Thanks Kate
  • GlynisFNQ
    GlynisFNQ Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

Uh oh... same issue here! And now it's 2023...

Am having to log off and log in again but not always a fix!! Very annoying at EOFY time...