When is the best time to upgrade to Reckon 2015 from Version 2014 and what tasks need to be performe

Ruth Newell
Ruth Newell Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We are using Reckon Accounts Premier: Contractor Edition 2014 and I am wondering if there are any tasks that need to be performed prior to installing the Reckon 2015 upgrade.  We need to utilise the SuperStream facility so are there any items that need to be attended to before upgrading?
Thanking you,
Ruth Newell
Farm Working Hands Pty Ltd

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Ruth, welcome to the Community. Timing wise... it's best to upgrade when you have some time. There is an <<upgrade guide>> which runs through steps to take when upgrading Page 16 runs through 2014 > 2015.

There is also a video here about setting up your Reckon Accounts for SuperStream here >> https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/setting-up-your-reckon-accounts-for-superstream

Hope this helps!

• Ruth Newell
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, Mirko,
    I watched the video, but I guess this is relating to the Reckon 2015 version once I have upgraded it.  So I can just launch the 2015 Upgrade by playing the CD, without doing anything to preserve our Company file.....?
    Cheers,
    Ruth
  • Ruth Newell
    edited May 2015
    Hi, Mirko,
    I have inserted the CD but all that comes up on the screen is a Notepad list of symbols & notations.  How do I instal the program from this....?  Would I be better off downloading the software upgrade from the website?
    Cheers,
    Ruth
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi Ruth,
    With your cd or on the cd there should be a manual you can look at. There is a page in there on things you should do prior to upgrading.
    Alternatively, if you contact your local Reckon Accredited Partner they may be able to help you as they often have their own checklists for pre and post upgrade:
    http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)