When Reconciling a Bank Account in EasyStart 2014 where do I enter service charges

Peter Thomas
Peter Thomas Member Posts: 8
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to reconcile a bank account in EasyStart 2014 and I need to enter a service charge. The help text says you can enter it in the columns provided but I can't see anywhere to enter this during reconciling.

Comments

• Mustafa
    Mustafa Alumni Posts: 52
    edited December 2015

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your question.

To enter Bank Fees/ Service Charges;

1. From the Company menu, select For Your Accountant then select Make General Journal Entries...
    2. Under the Account field, select the Expense account used for tracking bank charges (e.g. Bank Fees)
    3. Enter the amount of the bank fees (excluding the tax amount) in the Debit field, followed by the tax item in the Tax Item field
    4. Tab to the following line, in the Account field enter your Bank account.
      The Credit field will automatically enter the amount entered into the debit field plus the tax amount
    5. Click Save & Close to record the Journal Entry

To enter Interest Earned;

1. From the Company menu, select For Your Accountant then select Make General Journal Entries...
    2. Under the Account field, select an Income account used for tracking interest (e.g. Interest Earned)
    3. Enter the amount of interest earned (excluding the tax amount) in the Credit field, followed by the tax item in the Tax Item field
    4. Tab to the following line, in the Account field enter your Bank account. 
      The Debit field will automatically enter the amount entered into the credit field plus the tax amount
    5. Click Save & Close to record the Journal Entry

We hope the above helps you resolving your issue. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Cheers

Mustafa