Newly listed share shows incorrect and lengthy price history

Options
Dan Fardon
Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
edited February 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I am using Reckon Personal Plus 2013. I have just added a new Security to the Security List, and Reckon has spontaneously added spurious historical share prices dating back to 2004. This Security has only just been listed on the Stock Exchange, and Reckon has no connection to the internet for downloading share prices or bank transactions etc.

Validating the file does not solve the problem.

The same problem occurred last year with my Quicken Personal Plus 2012 file.

I also found that the same problem occurred when I added the Security to a recent back-up file. Validating the file did not prevent the problem from occurring.

However, by trial and error I found that the problem did not occur when I added the Security to a very old back-up file. I then renamed that old back-up file, brought it up to date, (a very tedious task), and used it as my current file. It is that file, now running on Reckon Personal Plus 2013, which is now causing the same problem which occurred last year.

I hope you can suggest a solution to my problem.

Dan F

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for your post in community.

This seems like a security which is merged to another security (may be an old one) and it has picked up the price history from there. 

To test, you may want to create a new data file and create a new security and assign the same code and see what it does this time.

If you continue to have problem, please pass us the security details and we'll test it here.

Thank you.

Ifti
  • Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    Options

I created a completely new data file with only a brokerage account and added the Security, and found no historical share data was created.

I then made a copy of my present data file, and created a Year End copy of that file. When I added the new Security, spurious historical share prices were added spontaneously.

It therefore seems I have no alternative but to do the following, which is what a new user of Reckon would have to do.

a) Create a completely new data file,

b) Add Account Balances at the start of this financial year,

c) Add our Share Holdings as at start of financial year, and historical purchase prices and Returns of Capital; the latter are needed to calculate Capital Gains when selling shares 

d) Add all transactions for this financial year.

Is there a quick way of doing this, e.g. by exporting day via QIF files?

Thank you,

Dan Fardon

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Dan,

Unfortunately you can't export transactions out from a Reckon Accounts personal range file and import to a new file. You will have to enter them manually.

Thanks

Ifti
This discussion has been closed.