When will Personal Plus 2014 be released

Gary Kleidon
Gary Kleidon Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Just wondering when personal plus 2014 will be released

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi  Gary,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

We have yet to be given a release date yet for the Accounts Personal Range 2014.  2013 remains our current version.

I appreciate your patience and please refer to our website and social media channels for future announcements.  

http://www.reckon.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/reckonhq

regards,
    John.

• John Condon
    John Condon Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    John
    I can't find anything on your website about a release date. Any progress?  
    I have been unable to use my accounting system since installing Windows 8.1. After a valiant but unsuccessful attempt to help me install the 2013 version several months ago, Reckon support advised that the only solution was to wait for the 2014 version, due in April or May.
  • John G
    edited December 2016
    Hi John,

As yet there is no release date for Accounts Personal 2014.

Although Accounts Personal 2013 was not tested on Windows 8.1, it will install. If you have difficulties installing you can try the following tweaks:
    1. start your PC in Selective Startup Mode;
    2. use the Built-In Admin account
    3. right-click the setup.exe file on the disk and set compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 3, and privilege level to Run As Administrator
    4. when you launch setup.exe choose run As Administrator.
    Hope this gets you up and running.  

regards,
    John

• Ian Anthony
    Ian Anthony Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Like Gary & John and no doubt a lot of other loyal Personal/Personal Plus users, we're all waiting on something about the future of the Personal line.

The silence is deafening....  can we at least get confirmation an update is being actively worked on, or isn't being worked on, or will never be worked on.....   We all understand how development timelines move around and priorities change, but good customer service and some commitment to client satisfaction would mean you keep us informed if you want that loyalty to continue.

Many thanks.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Guys,

As per: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/what_is_going_to_happen_to_reckon_home_business_2013
    Personal Range 2013 is due Q3 (July-Sept) of 2014.

Reckon are fully committed to providing a Personal Business tool to our loyal customer base.

Hope this provides some clarification and I thank you all for your ongoing loyalty.

Cheers, Mirko

• Judith Davis
    Judith Davis Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2014
    Trying to work out my tax for 2013-14 is a nightmare.  Like others I have been using Quicken Personal Plus for ten years for my share portfolio.  What a let down I am having.  .  
  • Ian Anthony
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Mirko, it is good to get some confirmation that the Personal range is alive and will eventually be updated.

I would like to comment that as an Advantage member since 2006/7, the Personal range has usually been refreshed around April each year so at least tax rates are correct for the EOFY. Disappointing that there will be no refresh in the 2013/14 FY with some of the issues that will bring.

That said, any chance of at least getting tax rates refreshed? 

regards, Ian
  • Ian Anthony
    edited May 2014
    I know!
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Hi Ian,

No, there will not be any update to tax tables.

You can manually change tax rates and threshold levels:

Current rates and thresholds are obtainable from the ATO website.

However, your reports will be fixed to the two years - 2011/12 and 2012/13.

You can get the current year comparisons by not using the Import Data function and getting the relevant figures from a series of reports and manually enter them to create a 2012/13 and 2013/14 comparison, but the title of the reports will be fixed to the 2011/12 and 2012/13 years.  

Whilst not pretty it will do the job you require.

regards,
    John  

• Judith Davis
    edited July 2014
    I will be looking for the version just to get the tax planning done.  Don't care if there is no upgrade just want the tax rates part.   Personal Plus has everything to suit any home user.
  • Judith Davis
    edited July 2014
    What you describe is exactly that "not pretty".

• Kwee
    Kwee Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Why not make this flexible so that the user can adapt to the new tax year?  I am still using Personal Plus 2011.  Will the data file be automatically converted if I upgrade to 2014?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Kwee, that is correct. If you update, when you run your data file in the new version once released, it will upgrade automatically. Cheers, Mirko
  • nick.watts.nw
    nick.watts.nw Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Reckon Team,

Whilst we appreciate the "workarounds", please add the 2013/14 tax rates and reports to Personal Plus 2013!

Your customers using the current version of your product now can't do their tax reporting at EOFY. It seems the product is now really two FYs out of date.

Please release a tax update/patch while you work on PP 2014? Tax features are an advertised feature of your product.

If we're missing something, please do tell!