Where can I find saved emails with attached invoices sent to clients from Reckon hosted 2017

Frank Carter
Frank Carter Member Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Frank Carter
    Frank Carter Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2017
    Thank you Kevin :(
  • Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2019
    Not entirely correct.  We have a workaround that works better than having them stored in Reckon anyway.

You have the ability to set up all the emails sent from Reckon to have a blind copy (BCC).  We do this to one of our own email addresses and then set up a rule in Outlook that when emails with "Tax Invoice from (our company)" in the title get automatically moved to a folder to specifically store these.

This is actually better as they can be searched and sorted by the customers email address.

Hope this helps
  • Shayne McNamara
    edited July 2018
    yes but the fact that you have received the blind copy means that it was sent from Reckon.  I agree there is no way of knowing if the customer opened or read this but even with normal emails if a customerchooses not to allow a read receipt there is no way of knowing if they read it.

If the email address for the customer is wrong then yes we will get the blind copy and the customer won't get the original email but really how often do you enter a wrong email address.  We have done it a couple of times or customer has changed but you find this out when chasing their overdue account.

Other than these exceptions which are pretty rare if there is a problem with Reckon we won't get the blind copy at all (although this seems to be an Australian problem as I have never had this) and once we have the blind copy we have;
    - the email address it was sent to (right or wrong)
     - an unalterable electronic copy which meets the NZ tax requirements for keeping invoices

all in one easily searchable folder.

Cheers
    Shayne

• Shayne McNamara
    edited July 2018
    Now that I do agree with but with Reckon they don't actually seem to listen to what their customers need or if they do any changes take years.

So I guess people can muddle on with no copies or any confirmation even that an email was sent or they can do what we do and at least have an interim and good (albeit not perfect) solution.  Cheers
  • Nicole_7801064
    Nicole_7801064 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Shayne - where do we enter this BCC?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    You can add this in the Send Forms Preference settings.
    Please note this will apply to all outbound invoice emails.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well, this is never ending story on acknowledgement . To get this done it cant be fixed as such the current source codes has to be disturbed and new codes to be inserted and this is not easy job , and its risky and costly , to go and  disturb codes which has been there for more than 30 years now.  This Is the main issue , in my opinion  this why its not easily done.  The focus is now more on cloud  apps the world is moving and the cost benefit for development purposes is in cloud accounting software , hence Reckon One

Cosmic has fixed  this issue but its  add on , and  as we can see users are not keen as its additional cost .

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009