why can I no longer see the additional drives in my payroll premier 2018-2019 for back up purposes

Billie
Billie Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Payroll Premier
Why can I no longer see the additional drives in my payroll premier 2018-2019 for back up purposes as the PC it is located on does not get backed up.

in all previous versions i had the ability to back up to a different drive on the server meaning the payroll data was backed up every night.

Comments

• Jennie Kemp
    Jennie Kemp Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am also having trouble with the Network path and locating files on our server in the new Payroll 2018-2019 and also backing up.

I am constantly having to re-establish the Network path and choose the correct directory for the data files export and the backup files.
  • Stephen Williams
    Stephen Williams Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    I have had this problem since premier 2017/18. curious to know what the fix is.
  • Billie
    edited July 2018
    Rav,

I am still trying to find an answer to this question of no connection to the other drives on my PC through payroll premier.  I use my local PC for doing the payroll which is not backed up and then save the back ups and export files such as super to a file on the server which is backed up every twenty minutes.  In all previous payroll premier versions i have been able to do it this way, in the new 2018 - 2019 version it will only show me the C: drive.

Thankyou
  • Katrina Stubbs
    Katrina Stubbs Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2018
    Was there a solution to this issue?

• Billie
    edited August 2018
    Hello Katrina, no I have not been given any solution to this, when I call the help desk they tell me it is normal and the only way of seeing anything in your network is to purchase the network edition.  I explained I have previously not had a network edition and could still save to other network drives, the response was they would look at it and get back to me still waiting.
  • Katrina Stubbs
    edited August 2018
    I've been on hold now to the help line for 35 mins!

... now 50 mins

...now 1hr , 11 mins
    So frustrated!!! 

...now 1hr, 24mins. 
    Not good enough Reckon

... NOW 1 HOUR, 49 MINS!!!! Beyond frustrated. 
  • Katrina Stubbs
    edited August 2018
    2 hours and 55 mins later... reckon advised to follow the below.
    My IT guy (who was waiting all the time too) was hesitant to make the changes because if you follow the below it has the possibility to cause other issues on the computer due to changes in the computer registry.  Reckon advised that this issues is across all its products. I questioned if that's the case will they be sending through a patch to fix the issue.  Reply was this is the fix. 
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5341 
    Not ideal and I will be monitoring my computer for other errors it may cause.