Why can't I cut and paste from emails into Reckon Hosted

Michael McClure
Michael McClure Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
For years I've had client info sent in emails... Addresses, phones, order info.. I used to copy that info then paste it into reckon (not hosted) and all the typing~typo~ errors~time was saved..
Now with hosted the copy is ok but it won't PASTE ... ARGH  What am I doing wrong.?

Comments

• Penny_6621114
    Penny_6621114 Accredited Partner Posts: 31 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    You can, but there is one extra step.  Slightly frustrating but it works. 

To Copy from RA Hosted to Desktop:
    Highlight what you want to copy - Use shortcut keys Ctrl+C - On the toolbox dropdown, select open clipboard - Ensure that what you copied is highlighted, right click - copy- then paste where you want to paste it on your desktop computer. 

To copy from Desktop to RA Hosted:
    HIghlight what you want to copy from desktop - Use shortcut keys Ctrl+C.  In RA Hosted select the clipboard in the toolbox and using Ctrl+V to paste what you have copied to the clipboard.  Click Copy and then go to where you want to paste it in RA Hosted and either Right Click & Paste or Ctrl+V

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Michael.  If you use Internet Explorer as your browser, the copy/paste function will work the same as the desktop version, without having to go through all of these extra steps.  You will also find that the majority of desktop key shortcuts will also work the same way too.  But you might find some other things which might work a little differently, e.g. at times IE operations can be sluggish.  For me, I still use IE.
    John L G