why do i get error code 13657 12268 and how do i fix it?

Options
Jo_7188237
Jo_7188237 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
why do i get error code 13657 12268 and how do i fix it?  I'm using reckon hosted - the error report comes up when the system to crash when switching from multi user to single user, or trying to open memorised transactions. 
Reckon Aus have told me that they don't have a solution and that data recovery is the only option.
This is after downloading, and reportedly deleting the memorised transactions list (which I cannot confirm as I cannot open it without crashing) and then verifying and reloading a renamed version of the file (on three occasions).

Surely there is a fix to this.. any help would be greatly appreciated as the last backup is three months old and Reckon have also advised that there is no way of knowing if this file is corrupt or not (although I know it didn't have this issue at the time).

Help??

Comments

• Jo_7188237
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Also get the same message when closing the file imagee
  • Kaitlyn1798
    Kaitlyn1798 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Does any one know how to resolve this ? 
  • Jo_7188237
    edited February 2017
    Options
    HI Kaitlyn, after trying many different options including calling the Accredited partners we asked/paid Reckon to examine the file and fix the problem. This worked. 
    Hope this helps.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Kaitlyn,

the erro indicates there is a corruption in the file.  Your first step is to re-sort your lists, rebuild and verify.  A guide is here.  If errors are thrown up, open the the QBwin.log file for the exact error message and search the knowledgebase for recommended action. 

If errors are continually found or cannot be repaired then call Technical Support for further one-to-attention to your circumstances.  Once these avenues are exhausted Data Recovery will be the next option.

regards,
    John
  • Kaitlyn1798
    Kaitlyn1798 Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks John I shall give it a go : )

• Fahan Mastropaolo_7618833
    Fahan Mastropaolo_7618833 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Jo,
    I have this exact issue and Tech Support hasn't been of much help..  and it is day 4 since contacting them.
    Who do I contact at Reckon? If I may ask how much did you pay? And were all your memorised transactions still there or did you have to recreate them?  
    Would really appreciate your help / advice.
    Kind regards