Why do i lose connection on Accounts Hosted (gateway session expired),

Paul Horsfall
Paul Horsfall Member Posts: 5
edited November 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Why do i lose connection on Accounts Hosted (gateway session expired), when my mouse is moved to the left of my screeen. At first i thought it could be some kind of internet connection problem but i now realise i can almost get it to disconnect on command by moving he mouse around the left hand side of the page.i hope someone has a solution this is almost the last straw........

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Paul.

A lot more info is needed please.  Your operating system,  your internet connection contract/supplier/speed/type (Cable, ADSL, 3G, 4G, satellite, wireless, remote wireless.....)
    AND your patch level of operating system and Hardware.

"Last straw'....  suggests there have been other concerns, and sharing them here, my give some idea of a relationship between technical issues that are manifesting themselves as a HOSTED connection failure.

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    e: gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Paul Horsfall
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Gary, I have been running quickbooks pro since 1998, and have not had problems till now. I have procrastinated on going to "hosted" for over 12 months. As a country user internet speeds are quite variable . I am running windows 7 Professional on a HP laptop, my usual internet connection is a usb stick 3G, operating 64 bit system , 8 gig ram, I have just upgraded my Phone and used hotspot to use the 4G connection to see if it helps, ( It doesn't). I connect through chrome browser Other concerns are poor clarity of font while in the program, Some days when printing an invoice or estimate , it will take you through the process of creating as a PDF, however when you click view, the page is either all "grey" or 'White" with no options to do anything. This problem is intermitent so is more confusing.
  • Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017

Hi Paul

With the responses you have just given, my advice would be to roll back to a desktop version.  Unless you have reliable internet, I would not even consider a cloud/Hosted product.  Having extensive experience with 3G/4G Rural networks, it is very much dependant upon your local area, tower loads and bandwidth strength. 

Until recently my only personal internet was on the 3 G network - it worked great for a few year then as the services got overloaded it got to the point that I could not run Hosted, and then even access a bank site. 

I have been able to run Hosted at various areas up and down the East Coast of Australia very successfully logged into either 3G/4G Dongles or even tethered to my Mobile.  So this is why I say it is totally dependant upon your area as to suitability.

Try this link:  http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=5344

This help you determine your areas suitability to a Hosted service.  Note, this should be done at varying times of day, including 3-8 pm.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Reckon Accredited Consultant

• Paul Horsfall
    edited May 2016
    I think its time you tech people started talking with your Sales team.
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017

I'm sorry Paul, I am not with Reckon.  I am an independent Consultant with a vast experience with the 3G/4G network.  These Sales people are not Technical, AP's like myself are all around Australia, as not only do they know the Software, but know your area. 

I, along with many other AP's from around the country, have liaised with both Tech Support and Development to try to improve Hosted on Poor Performance platforms.  They have made very big improvements, but we have had to come to accept there is still a percentage of people that can not and many will not be able to use Hosted/Cloud platforms, which is why Reckon have said that they will continue to support the Desktop Version (it is a must for Australia).

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Paul.

Like Kim's great advice here, I'm an independent AP too,    and deal with country sites.   I concur with Kim 100%.  I would also point out that running off 4G,  can in fact be slower than 3G if your 4G connection is not really close (like under 1km.   4G run exceptionally well when standing next to the basestation tower, but decays in speed and reliability significantly as distance is increased.  You can determine this with some phone ny setting your reception to be 3g ONLY, rather than letting the phone 'hunt about' for 3G versus 4G all the time.

As a widely travelled IT person in rural, regional and outback Australia,   the marketing hype of promoting solutions purely based on the luxury of what is available in coastal and CBD areas,  is something to be very wary of.   Sure,  some large 90+% of the population may live in such areas,  but the other statistic is, that they live in something like < 20% of the land mass.
    Follow Kim's suggestions of desktop.

If you are interested in the real issues of Cloud (for any product),  you may find our experience of value.  See:
    http://www.alchester.com.au/cloud-virtualisation-open-source/

Remember,  our focus is on what works, and Cloud based solutions in remote areas is often a non-event, or one that needs a hybrid solution for day-to-day access as well as the convenience to others who may have better connections.   These are TWO different business issues.

Gary
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Paul,

I have not heard of the issue where when you move your mouse to the left of the screen will disconnect your Reckon Accounts Hosted session. Are you saying that if you keep the mouse pointer on the right hand side of the screen, you do not get any issue with the connection at all?

Sounds like the disconnections could be caused by interference on the internet connection. Reckon Accounts Hosted needs a steady internet connection. You can try to do a ping test following the article below. If you get drop outs, then that could explain the disconnections.

http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=5014

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Kelly Day
    Kelly Day Accredited Partner Posts: 43 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2019
    I too have the same experience

I have 3 computers all with dual monitors
    Windows 10 Professional with all latest updates
    64 bit
    8 gig RAM
    5Ghz D-Link Viper Dual Band Modem
    A brilliant IT chick who has my systems running tickety-boo!!

3 identical configurations
    Now, on my main setup, when I move my cursor the left (not necessarily to the 2nd monitor) I repeatedly get "Gateway Session Disconnected"

I CAN GUARANTEE, IT IS NOT MY INTERNET CONNECTION, this does not happen on the other 2 computers.  We are unable to replicate this issue on the other 2 computers

THIS IS A SPECIFICALLY RECKON HOSTED ISSUE

In order to swap monitors or "go left" I have to open a New Tab and then move to left or swap monitors - then I don't get Gateway Session Disconnected - it only happens when I am in Reckon Hosted - it does not happen using any other programmes - EVER!!

We would really appreciate a real solution to this problem - I am sure that others experience the same, but have given up on getting a solution and either live with it or find a work around as I have done.

Please review your standard response to this issue, it is definitely NOT internet speed or connection.

Regards,

Kelly Day

edited October 2017
    Hi Kelly Please hummor me as this annoys you, sorry. Can you try swithching your Ethernet cords around to see if that makes any difference. Is there anything different about this computer in that perhaps there is an online backup running or the like? Kind Regards Kim Chapman
  • Kelly Day
    edited November 2019
    Hi Kim, LOL!! My sense of humour is always engaged.........otherwise, we wouldn't do what we do for a living!! It's none of that, I may have found a solution (not necessarily the cause), doing some resolution work overnight, testing tomorrow and update with results as soon as I have confirmed that the solution has worked. Will keep you posted Cheers, Kelly
    edited October 2017
    Hi Kelly Look forward to the result!!! If it doesn't fix it I will go searching, I am pretty sure I have some notes from a session at National Conference Last year. They might help. Have a great weekend. Kind Regards Kim Chapman
  • Paul Horsfall
    edited May 2016
    Howdy Kelly, i am still putting up with it, i have found putting my browser to full screen solves the problem, but is painful when trying to use other applications on my computer, (counting down to licence renewel time , going back to the old way) Cheers Paul
  • Kelly Day
    edited November 2019
    And the solution is................... Drum roll........................ Create a new windows user profile!!!!!! Have tested all day yesterday and today and not a single gateway session disconnected notice. NOTHING TO DO WITH INTERNET CONNECTION AT ALL. Just something gone hinky in the user profile, new profile fixed the problem I am sooooo happy right now!!
  • Kelly Day
    edited May 2016
    Agree, full screen is a headache, even with multiple monitors!! Not sure what you mean by "the old way", but once it's fixed (see below) you will be happy days again!! Promise!!
  • Kelly Day
    edited November 2019
    Like............reeeeeeeeeallly happy!!!
  • Paul Horsfall
    edited October 2017
    Glad its working for you, no luck for me. Tried a new windows profile and also went incognito on chrome , no better. as soon as the mouse gets within 30mm of the left hand side of the screen it disconnects. i thought it might have something to do with tablet/ Pc /laptop , but im still in the dark
    edited November 2019

Hi Paul

If you are on Hosted then you should have support cover.  Call tech support.  You could try them, but at the end of the day I refer to this comment you replied to last time: 

As a country user internet speeds are quite variable . I am running windows 7 Professional on a HP laptop, my usual internet connection is a usb stick 3G, operating 64 bit system , 8 gig ram, I have just upgraded my Phone and used hotspot to use the 4G connection to see if it helps, ( It doesn't).

Nothing anyone can do is going to change your internet speed.  Like I have said previously I had major issues operating on a 3G Network.  I had full service, but no bandwidth.  Yet I could operate the same device and setup on a City 3G Network with 2 bars and go unbelievable bandwidth.

Sorry, I am not paid to respond here, I do it voluntarily.  And your issue could take a very long time to solve if it even can be resolved.  Tech support are paid to respond try them.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

• Kelly Day
    edited May 2016
    I already invoke 4 Google Chrome profiles and had the same issue on all of them
  • Kelly Day
    edited November 2019
    Hi Paul, OK, a little trick perhaps. Before creating the new user profile Enable the Hidden Windows Administrator http://www.instructables.com/id/3-Ways-to-Enable-Administrator-Account-in-Windows-/ Then create your new Windows User Profile Also, if you are using pre-saved bookmarks/shortcuts to the website, delete them all and start again from scratch. Good luck Kelly
  • Kelly Day
    edited May 2016
    Hi Kim, I truly don't believe it is anything to do with internet connection/speed - I have 3 computer configurations in my office and 2 have no problem and 1 did - they are all hard-wired to the modem Tech support only ever offered the "internet speed/connection" as the cause - I have read all the posts and there was no variable to that response and it didn't resolve the issue anyway. Sometimes, it's best just to say "we don't know" But thanks for your input - you never know when 1 little thing makes a world of difference!! Cheers,
  • Kelly Day
    edited November 2019
    And clear your browsing history.............regularly!!
    edited December 2016
    Hi Paul Just rereading your original post. Do you have partitioned drives? How much fee ram do you currently have on the operating drive? Kind Regards Kim Chapman
This discussion has been closed.