Why do symbols ENC, PLG & RTE not get price updates?

Mark_7838462
Mark_7838462 Member Posts: 8
I have recently renewed my subscription but these symbols are not having their prices updated, nor have they ever done, despite being valid codes with prices on ASX.

I am using Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2018 R 1

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2017
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Mark.

Check the configuration of these securities.  The correct parameters are:
    (right-click the share and select Edit Security)

then check that they are ticked in the Select Quotes list on the One Step Update Settings screen:

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Check that these symbols are correctly defined, or that trades occurred in the last 7 days. Were other codes updated ?

RPP 2018 now includes a report of codes that were not updated. RPP 2016 did not report the codes that were not updated, which may explain why you are now noticing the problem. Hopefully this improvement helps to identify the problem.

• Mark_7838462
    edited November 2017
    Thank you: I needed to add these three to the Customise Online Updates.  However. this only fixed ENC and PLG.  RTE is now reported as a missing symbol as you describe.  Can you please try RTE and see if you can find a solution ?
  • John Campbell
    edited November 2017

RTE has not traded this month, so the report may be valid.

source: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/quotes/summary/RTE/retech-technology-co-limited 

Traded on only 33 days this year. Last traded on 18-Oct and 30-Oct for 0.50

This reporting could be a useful update for RPP 2018, if it is working correctly.

It would be good if " Investing > Security Detail View " provided some of the information it is structured for displaying. While some are clearly not easily available (eg P/E Market Cap) others could be presented ( 52-week High, Avg Vol ) could be calculated based on the records available.

(becoming a longer response than originally intended)

Why can't "Security Detail View " be improved, as it is the main view I use. I would like the drop down list of Securities to optionally be limited to those who have Price history details for the selected time period; to the right of Adjust for Split. This could be easily achieved if the "Date as of" indicated last date that a price history is available, and was stored with the security record.

"Date as of" is a useful attribute to be correctly displayed.

Frustrating that such small fixes as these continue to be ignored !!

• John G
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Mark,

Will get our tech boys to look into why it is coming up with the error when properly configured.

regards,
    John.
  • Mark_7838462
    edited November 2017
    OK thanks.  I'll update RTE manually until fixed.  Will I be advised when fixed?
  • Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited November 2017
    Hi John
    Would you be good enough to advise where this report is located as I cannot find it in my RAPP2018 version
    thanks
    Andrew
  • John Campbell
    edited November 2017

Hi Andrew,

Not sure what reports you are referring to.

SMH business quotes for RTE give some summary info, including no trades in last month(?). ( There are many other public sources. COMSEC is good )

I downloaded all daily summaries from https://www.asxhistoricaldata.com/ and accumulated them into a file : 2017.csv, which I use as a data source for adding selected codes into RPP via .csv file ( don't add any codes that you don't have defined in RPP ) A quick search of 2017.csv with an editor showed the RTE trading days. I did not do this in RPP as I don't have that code defined.

In RPP, Investing > Security Detail View : This gives a good summary of the performance of each security. I select 3-month then highlight the security name in the drop down box, then use up-arrow or down-arrow to cycle through all securities. It would work much better if only active codes could be listed in the drop down. I've been using RPP since 1998 so have a lot of obsolete security codes. It is actually a bit depressing to see some of those names popping up all the time, lots of bad choices !!

It is also frustrating that Security Detail View could be so easily improved but hasn't, especially addressing some of the N/A displays that have never worked since 2004. How lazy is that ?

Hope this helps,

John

• Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited November 2017
    Hi John
    Thanks for the information. I'll have a look.
    Re your question about 'what reports I am referring to, my question was in response to your post 21 hours ago... viz. "RPP 2018 now includes a report of codes that were not updated. RPP 2016 did not report the codes that were not updated, which may explain why you are now noticing the problem. Hopefully this improvement helps to identify the problem."
    ?
    regards
    Andrew

• John G
    edited November 2017
    Thanks John,

Yes you are correct.  The One-Step Update will only record changes to the share price over the past 5 days.  As RTE has not had a price change for over that period it is not being updated.  One a trade is done the share will update.

regards,
    John
  • Mark_7838462
    edited November 2017
    IMHO the error message should therefor not report a missing symbol; either no error reported or report no trades in last 5 days.
  • John Campbell
    edited November 2017

Mark and Andrew,

The enhanced "report" that summarises the status at the completion of the share price updates is a useful addition to RPP 2018. If it did not report the selected codes that were not updated, you would not know there was a potential problem with these codes you have selected.

Hopefully in the future you will know what this list means, which is no transactions were located for those codes in the last 5-7 days, so you can investigate why. I actually got a list of 11 codes, all of which are no longer traded on the ASX, which means I should deselect those to not be updated.

This "report" should be useful in the future, as it could highlight codes that cease to exist, such as a change of name/code or being de-listed, which would require some fix to these security codes.

It is good to see this as an improvement to RPP.

John