Why does Quicken/ReckonAccounts Personal crash when adding an invoice or estimate

maherj
maherj Member Posts: 5
Why does Reckon home and business 2019 crash when adding an invoice or estimate. I am using Windows 10, and have moved the tax file to business, it is not hidden. I have reinstalled and supervalidated

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi Maherj,

Might be a long shot here, but have you reached the limit of 1500 invoices/estimates?

Info: Reckon Accounts Personal crashes when adding an invoice or estimate

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• maherj
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Rav... I've done none!

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    What do you mean by you have moved the "tax file to business" Maherj?
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • maherj
    edited September 2019
    Hi Robyn, when following the instructions on the postRav mentions above, you have to make sure the tax control account  is under the Business Accounts area.  Apologies for the sloppy wording
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2018
    So you have checked and changed both of these things:

Tax control Account has been moved

Move the Tax Control Account back to Business

1.    Right click Tax Control > Edit;

2.    In Account Location, select Business:Business Tax

1. Click OK to save

Tax control account has been hidden

Show the Tax Control Account:

1.    Tools > Account List > Manage Accounts;

2.    Untick the Hide Account box on the Tax Control line;

1. Click Close to save and close. 

• maherj
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Robyn, I have done both of those
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited November 2018
    I have fixed a similar problem for a client before but it would be easier to use Team Viewer (www.teamviewer.com) to see your computer and your actual data file Maherj.  Or you could email me a backup of your data file if it is not too large.  If you are interested, please email me direct robyn@robynkelly.com.au

Thank you
    Robyn Kelly
  • maherj
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Robyn, all fixed now.
    The problem was that I had an old tax liability file, and it was listed as a "liability" account in Reckon, and wasn't able to be changed.  It needed to be a "tax" type account. We changed its name to WRong tax liability, and Reckon created a new "tax" TYPE account.   It sounds confusing, but I have an image that I'll try and upload..If you make this change, any pre-existing transactions stay in the old account, the new ones go in the correct account. It is easy to edit the old transactions so they go to the new account.??