Why is Euro not a currency in Home & Business 2016?

Stephen Dawson
Stephen Dawson Member Posts: 5
I've just set up two accounts in Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2016 for foreign currencies. No probs with the USD, but when I went to set up a Euro account, all I could find were Deutsch Marks and French Francs and Guilders and Irish Punts for goodness sakes! Is it because I have data going back to the mid 90s?

Comments

• Stephen Dawson
    edited March 2017
    Here's the relevant part of the drop down listimage
  • Stephen Dawson
    edited March 2017
    BTW, while my data goes back that far, I'm pretty sure I've never set up a foreign currency account before.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    It seems that program has old info in it, should not have anything to do with your history. Call support to discuss this, maybe they have a patch to correct this. Franc's in France is many years old now.
  • Stephen Dawson
    edited March 2017
    Good suggestion. Sadly, in order to talk to support I have to pay a couple of hundred dollars for unlimited upgrades, or be prepared to pay $4.90 a minute to report what seems to be a bug. Not worth it for me. I'll just call it Deutsch Marks and correct any currency conversions when I do transactions.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Hi Stephen,

Can you please create a dummy file and test if EUR is an available option?

For your current file, you can create a new currency if that is a better solution for you.
    Tools > Currencies > New

Example

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Stephen Dawson
    edited March 2017
    Rav, thanks. Your second para fixed this. I just needed to create a new currency (it never occurred to me you could do this). Excellent, thanks!

As to your first para, yes, when I started a new file and created an account, Euro was right there, along with a whole lot of other currencies, and no Irish Punts or anything else obsolete. So it looks like the currency list is something retained in the data. You can see why it would be (to preserve historical records), but some reason this was obviating updates at some point in the past.

Thanks again, problem solved.