Why is my program building reports all the time, whilst Invoicing?

Michelle_10600912
Michelle_10600912 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon keeps building reports???

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi Michelle,
    Minimise the invoice window within Hosted and check to see if you have a report(s) open in the background which are attempting to generate as you're working. 
    If you do and they are not required, close the reports window.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michelle_10600912
    edited April 2020
    Thank you, I have tried to minimize it, the background is black and seems to have no reports open? Its happening when receipting and other area's...
  • Michelle_10600912
    edited April 2020
    Logging into Reckon in now shows a report and takes forever.... very frustrating!
  • Michelle_10600912
    edited April 2020
    We seriously need help with this, have sent three emails, no response! Its taking so much longer to create invoices and use the entire program! Can we please have some assistance! 
  • Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Just call their tech support if its giving you that much grief. 1300 799 150.
  • Michelle_10600912
    edited April 2020
    Being on hold for over 30 mins... 
  • E_P
    E_P Member Posts: 3

Me too, am tearing my hair out, so far behind now with invoicing orders/payments. Have contacted support and got email back saying:

"Please can you clear the browsing history and clear cache/cookies from your browser and then check. You can try different browsers or different networks and check as well.  Also try on preference settings, please go to Edit > Preferences > Reports & Graphs. Tick the option to prompt me advise report options......and prompt me to refresh below.  Please try these option and see how it goes".

Have done all of that, and still taking at least 3 mins to process each customer order with all the report building. Have tried "don't refresh", logging off multiple times and restarting PC. This sometimes lasts for days, then suddenly will clear itself, but if I accidentally click on Co snapshot instead of customer centre, it starts all over again.

Am at my wits end, can anyone please help?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Go into preferences and tick Don’t save desktop.

Keep pressing escape to make sure all windows are closed

click view - open window list to ensure you can see any open reports etc

At this stage I have nothing else to suggest

• E_P

Kris you are a genius, thank you so much, now for a lot of catching up!

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You’re very welcome. What part did the trick?

• E_P

My daughter just followed your instructions, apparently too many windows open in back end clogging it up. All working well now, and i need to ESC (in more ways than one, haha) at the end of each day.

• Kris_Williams

And if you say ‘don’t save the desktop’ every time you open the program it will start fresh with nothing open. Glad to be of help