Why is the date the same 27/11/2016 when I reconcile? but i am reconciling December 2015

Options
Kaitlyn1798
Kaitlyn1798 Member Posts: 26
edited February 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Every time i rec the date is 27/11/2016 but all reports are correct with the correct date and balance ? I am over this 

Comments

• Shannon Sciuto
    Shannon Sciuto Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Katilyn, 

Are you referring to the Begin Reconciliation Window where it shows the last reconciled date? 

Is it possible that the last time you reconciled November that you entered the 27/11/16 rather than 27/11/15?

This would mean that even though you are reconciling to December the most recent reconciliation date would still be the 27/11/16. 

If that's not it, could you perhaps include a screenshot so we can see what the issue is? 
  • Kaitlyn1798
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No i have never entered in the date being so far in front as 2016. I have rec 01/12/15, 04/12/15, 10/12/15 up to 21/12/15 and the dates stays then same. But all reports show the correct date and i am never out of balance.
    image  image
  • Kaitlyn1798
    edited February 2017
    Options
    here is a screen shot of report with correct date i have blanked out private company info image
  • Annette_8052353
    Annette_8052353 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Go into Reports - Banking and have a look at the "Previous Reconciliation" report for that bank account.  If it has the same date (27/11/2016) you will have to "Undo Last Reconciliation", put in the correct date, tick all entries, and reconcile the previous month again.

• Shannon Sciuto
    Shannon Sciuto Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Kaitlyn, 

I think we are on the right track here.  I suspect that when you reconciled in November, you might have typed "27/11" in the date box which defaulted to 27/11/2016 rather than the 27/11/2015. 

This would not effect the reconciliation balance at that time.  You would still have been able to select all relevant transactions and reconcile to 0.00. 

Following that, when you have run the december reconciliations, you have been able to enter the relevant reconciliation dates and complete the reconciliations as normal but... because the last reconciled date in that window draws not on the most recent run reconciliation but on the "highest" reconciliation date - in your case, this is in the future... 

To verify this, go to Reports > Banking > Previous Reconcilation and select the relevant bank account.   It will show you a list of reconciliations completed for that account in date order. I suspect that there will be a reconciliation there for the 27/11/2016.  If you choose this one, and the detail level report (transactions cleared at the time of the report) you might recognise that those transactions were for the November 2015 period. 

To fix it, you will need to go back and undo your bank reconciliations until you have undone the one dated 27/11/2016.  Then redo it and the others with the correct date.  

Other than that, you'd have to accept that last reconciled date as being incorrect until you reconcile past that date. 

• Kaitlyn1798
    edited December 2016
    Options
    i think your right , thanks for your help