Why won't hosted scale to screen size?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old version of hosted, information outdated.

Just one of those annoying, ongoing issues with Reckon products.  I have used a 24" screen for a number of years now, which means for all "normal" web based stuff the screen is set to 125%.  However, Hosted is useless at 125% as it doesn't scale automatically, so I have to reset to 100%, which in turn makes the print smaller.  Worse still is that of course every new web page I open is at 100% not my usual 125%.  My browser (Internet Explorer) is becoming increasing confused about what I want.  Hosted was meant to be an improvement because it is web based.  Fine, but please let it act like a normal web page!
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Gary, sorry to hear you're having issues with screen sizing. What resolution is your PC running at? Hosted does not set its own screen sizing/resolution, it runs from the browser itself. Try to change the screen resolution and see if this changes anything. Cheers, Mirko.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

Hi Mirko,

Screen is running at 1980 x 1080 which is the standard and recommended setting.  That works for everything I need.  Every web page I view scales to the screen size which I have set at 125%.  At 125% hosted is simply unusable as the whole of the Home page doesn't display.  I can't see any value in changing my screen resolution just for Reckon accounts and stuff up everything else.

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Gary, the changing of the scale to 125%, is reference to zoom within the HTML pages, which affects webpages viewed within a browser, which would not affect Hosted. The reason for this that Hosted, is just that Hosted service. Although it runs in the browsers, it is running through a Terminal Server. You and other clients can adjust the resolution locally, and it will make a difference in the size of things in on your end, but scaling will zoom-in, thus there will be parts of the screen missing.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

But, but, but...I actually like my screen resolution where it is currently set. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.