Why won't Quickbooks version 7 install onto my computer?

Steve_7592687
Steve_7592687 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Computer is running Vista but I previously had the program running on Windows 7?? I was told by quickbooks that it won't run on Vista because version 7 is too old

Comments

• Steve_7592687
    edited June 2015
    We run a very small business and just bought a old tower to run the invoicing through.
    When I put the DVD in it won't run, it comes up with the instal button but when you click on it it thinks about it for a while and then nothing. The lady I spoke to wanted me to upgrade and pay $599 for the pleasure
  • Steve_7592687
    edited August 2019
    Any tips on getting it to instal??
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Steve

lol, upgrade to a better operating system, lol, sorry couldn't resist, I'm with Kevin, Vista was the worst...  

Have you considered upgrading with an annual subscription, it will only cost you a smaller fee annually, and Reckon keep it up to date for you.

Or there is 2 cloud options, one is Hosted, which does everything you could possible ask for, the other is Reckon One, and for the Core module and invoicing it costs $8 per mth., and  you can login from any computer, and with an app to any tablet or smartphone.

Either cloud version can be operating by tomorrow, it is an online sign up.

To use the old version is a pain, I am going through it now  upgrading for a client, and the only way I can get V8 to work is by using my old XP.

Kim: 0429 305300   Kim@kwikbooks.com.au