Win 10 upgrade (forced) now locks me out of Cashbook - says "new computer" - not so. Any clues appre

Options
Reginald Michael Crampton
Reginald Michael Crampton Member Posts: 1
Windows 10 upgrade (forced on my computer) now locks me out of Cashbook - says I have loaded the software on a new computer which I have not. Any clues appreciated.

Comments

• Jono Harris
    Jono Harris Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have a similar problem. Windows 10 upgrade and now there is no payroll appearing on my ReckonAccounts 2013 when I load it. Also, when I start Reckon up it gives me an error and wants to shut down.  If I send an error report it shuts down, if I leave the error window open in the background I can run Reckon (just with no payroll section). Suggestions?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Reginald,

The upgrade to Windows 10 has altered the identity of your system so to speak, all you'll need to do is reactivate your program in order to regain access.

It may also be advisable to run Cashbook with administrator privileges due to incompatibility with Windows 10.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Jono,

Unfortunately Reckon Accounts 2013 is not compatible with Windows 10 so you may encounter errors such as what you've described.

A step I would recommend is to run the program with administrator privileges, (right click your program icon, select Run as Admin)

Reckon Accounts 2016 which was recently released is fully compatible with Windows 10.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jono Harris
    Jono Harris Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks Rav. I tried this but the programme still wont open...it just has the little reckon sign come up and then never moves past that. i guess I'll have to upgrade and then restore from my last back up (last Monday), so I will lose a week's worth of date....but I suppose things could have been worse (I could not have backed up for quite some time!!). Thanks anyway. Jono