Windows 10 compatibility

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Which version or versions of Quicken/Reckon products are fully compatible with Windows 10? 
I have a new Windows 10 computer. I am entitled to an upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2015.  I have installed to 2013 version on my Windows 7 computer. Will I have to install the 2013 version on my Windows 10 computer before I can use the downloaded upgrade file?  Or can I simply install the upgrade and quote both the 2013 serial number with the 2015 serial number during the install?  I intend to keep using the 2013 version on my Windows 7 computer.
Have any upgrade packs been released for the 2015 version?

Thank you
Photo of Bert Smith

Bert Smith

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bert,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Please see our statement on Windows 10 here.

Only the 2016 versions will be fully compatible with Windows 10.
2014 and 2015 versions will work with the tweak of setting the launch icon to Run As Administrator.

2013 has not been tested but it should work much the same as the 2015 version.  You may need to set Compatibility to Windows 7.

If upgrading to the 2015 edition on a new Windows 10 computer, you will only need to install the 2015 edition (using the 2015 IKC).  When you open your company file in the new version it will be upgraded.  You should follow the recommended steps in the Installation and Upgrade Guide for upgrading.  Make a backup of your company file in the 2013 version and restore it in 2015.

Hope this answers your queries.

regards,
John
Photo of Bert Smith

Bert Smith

My sincere thanks for your prompt reply.

When will the 2016 version be released?  I can't find mention of it on your eStore web pages.

What does the acronym IKC stand for?

When I open file, export in the 2013 version I can only find reference to addresses and export desktop super, I wish to export all my account data for the 2013 version into the 2016 version when it is installed. In effect, I want to export a QIF file and import it into the 2016 version.. Can this be done? 

I don't want to start from scratch with the 2016 version!

Best wishes,
Bert 
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bert,

To answer your further questions, IKC stands for Installation Key Code and is needed to start the installation process with the edition of Reckon Accounts Personal you purchased.

The 2016 version is scheduled for release in early November, so watch our communications at that time.

Your current 2013 file will open in 2016 and be upgraded to that version.  There is no need for you to export anything from the file.  There is no facility to export transactions from the datafile.  

Hope this answers your questions.

regards,
John
Photo of Bert Smith

Bert Smith

Hi John

Many thanks for your reply.  It is much appreciated.

I want to transfer my 2013 data file from my Windows 7 SP1 computer to a new Windows 10 computer running the 2016 version.

I can't see how I can export the required data file from the 2013 version to say a flash drive.  If this is done then I (hopefully) could import the file into the Windows 10 computer running the 2016 Reckon Accounts Personal  program.

Or do I do this with a  2013 backup which is then restored in the 2016 version?

I will still use the 2013 version on the Windows 7 computer.

Have a great day.

Best wishes,
Bert
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,672 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bert,

Create a backup & save it to your desktop, then copy this file to a removable disk (USB stick etc) and then copy it to your new PC

Cheers,