Windows 10 - Will Reckon desktop products be FULLY COMPATIBLE ?

2»

Comments

• Rachel Bailey
    Rachel Bailey Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the update ... better late than never.
    The second link for pdf issues for windows 10 is irrelevant and don't waste your time
  • Elaine Smith
    Elaine Smith Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2015
    Well Andrew, you wrote, exactly what i was thinking! Surely they dont think we are that silly
  • Annette Harris_6467896
    Annette Harris_6467896 Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2015
    After reading through all the comments I am hoping that I will be able to update to windows 10 and put my desk top version on.  As I have several clients who will want to update before it cost them money to do so.   I havent had the print and pdf issue since the last 2 updates.  
  • Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited April 2016

I have installed RA Premier 2015 on a non-production Windows 10 Pro computer with MS Office Pro 2013.

Installation went smooth, but operation had all the issues described elsewhere in this thread.

I would encourage others to do the same. Try first on a NON-CRITICAL computer and take note of any issues.

I am a computer technician. I have seen other issues related to specific hardware, even though the same hardware worked perfectly under Win 8.1. Some anti-virus products also not yet compatible with Win-10. These issues are not related to this thread.

My main advice is BE CAUTIOUS. It is definitely not all smooth sailing as Microsoft and Reckon would have you believe. Be sure of compatibility before committing Win-10 and Reckon to your critical computers.

The upgrade is free for 12 months, so no need to dive in head-first in these early days. I am sure many issues will be resolved as Win-10 matures. Just be patient !

I am certainly waiting at least 3 months, maybe longer......

• Annette Harris_6467896
    edited August 2015
    Thanks so much for your comment I will put off doing mine until needed :-)

• Darrell Williams
    Darrell Williams Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    me too
  • Sandy Cee
    Sandy Cee Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2015
    I so AGREE with you Andrew. I am a SOHO and would not know the vaguest way to do a dual boot. The same would go with my many clients. Nor SHOULD they have to even think of that. You are WAY TOO AIRY FAIRY Kevin. Get out there in the real world!
  • Sandy Cee
    edited September 2015
    I agree with you Andrew - yet again. It seems to be the New Reckon Way. I have been using Quickbooks products through Intuit / Reckon since about 2003 when the main product looked very much like Microsoft Money. Have upgraded since then to Business products. I didn't like the POS at all - not user friendly and had too many bugs in it for my liking and that was back in the days of win 98/ ME etc.
  • Sandy Cee
    edited September 2015
    Yes, i am thinking the same thing. Actually, I am now thinking I may go the online way. Need to check out pricing first though.
  • Steve Cook
    edited October 2015
    "We expect a full test of Reckon Accounts to be completed by the end of August. At which time we will provide an update via the Knowledge Browser & the Community"

End of August was two weeks ago. RECKON please provide the promised update !

• Steve Cook
    edited April 2016

Small point of interest....
    I have setup a new Windows 10 computer for a client
    Installed MYOB 2013....( yes 2013 ! )
    Activated OK, restored MYOB backup OK

No hacks
    No workarounds
    No "Run as Administrator"
    No calls to tech support

It just WORKED !

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I am keenly anticipating the release notes for RPP 2016 to see what may have been achieved from all our user requests. Can't be long to wait ?
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2015
    Hi Andrew, 

Nov 2015 is the expected release date for Reckon Accounts Personal (the old Quicken).  It will be Windows 10 compatible.

Reckon Accounts Business 2016 is scheduled for release in April 2016 and it will be Windows 10 compatible.

regards,
    John.

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Everyone,

Update to our position on Reckon Accounts and Windows 10.

Microsoft began rolling out its newest operating system Windows 10 (Pro and Home editions) at the end of July.

Our Quality Assurance team has tested our currently supported versions of Reckon Accounts (2014 R2 & 2015 R2) on Windows 10 and we did not find any issues that will stop users from being able to run Reckon Accounts on Windows 10.  

The next release (Reckon Accounts 2016) will be the first release that is fully compatible and officially supported with Windows 10.

Our latest version of Reckon Accounts (2015) was released prior to Windows 10 being made available and while it isn’t fully supported on Windows 10, our Support team will endeavour to help wherever possible.

Once you have upgraded your Reckon Accounts PC we suggest you set your Reckon Accounts launch icon to Run as Administrator in the icon's Properties > Compatibility tab > Settings. If you experience problems with emailing or creating PDF files, please refer to our article:  Best practice for Save as PDF and Emailing from Reckon Accounts Business on Windows 10.

We have found that the choice of Edge or Internet Explorer 11 as the default browser has no impact on performance.  

New installations on a new Windows 10 PC should check that .Net Framework 3.5.1 has been turned on in Progams & Features > Turn Windows features on or off.  For a full guide see the article; Error 1920. Service QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start when installing.  If .Net Framework 3.5.1 is not turned on for installation, the installation will fail with the Error 1920 message.  

Hosted users should prefer Internet Explorer 11 over the new Edge browser.  We also prefer Firefox and Google ahead of Edge.

regards,
    The Reckon Team
  • Annette Harris_6467896
    edited April 2016
    No Patch to try and fix some of the issues between now and next year for desktop version? 

• Rachel Bailey
    Rachel Bailey Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2015
    Unbelievable! I'm having to wait another 7 months for this to be fixed!!!!! I'm so unimpressed right now with Reckon. Don't tell me to try reloading and trying the fixes above that don't work since I've tried them all.
  • Annette Harris_6467896
    edited April 2016
    Hi Rachel, what issues have you had I only have 2 clients on windows 10 and they both upgraded from a lower addition.  So just weird stuff that I have seen and the printing issue which I worked around by putting on CUTE PDF for them 
  • Steve Cook
    edited October 2015
    Just to add more complexity to the mix...MS Office 2016 has been released
  • Annette Harris_6467896
    edited September 2015
    yes but for now it was a quick fix especially for a client with a rescue file ?
This discussion has been closed.