Windows 7 64bit Printer not activated error code - 20

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,

I have a client with Quickbooks Small Business Edition 2009/2010 on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop. It was running fine for a year but has suddenly started returning a 'Printer not activated error code - 20' whenever they try to use the Send option for Statements or Invoices.

I've tried reinstalling the PDF Converter (this works until the laptop is restarted), repairing Quickbooks as well as deleting the QBprint.qbp file with no permanent success.

Is there a way to fix this without the client having to ugprade their Quickbooks version?

Thank you.
Wendy.
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that and it didn't work. Resulted in the same error. Tried it with and without Admin permissions and also with Vista SP2 too.

Thanks.
Wendy.
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

Hi Victor,

I do apologise for the delayed reply but my client has been away. I have tried all the steps you've advised but still have the same problem with Quickbooks still unable to print to pdf.

Is there anything else that can be done? The client does not want to upgrade their Quickbooks.

Thank you.
Wendy.
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,148 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Wendy,

It sounds like the PDF converter needs to be reinstalled or a Registry entry needs updating.  See our guide:  Printer not activated -20 error when emailing or Save as PDF after upgrading to Windows 7 and later.

Also,  the PDF converter in the 2009/10 version is not compatible with a 64bit operating system.  Please set your launch icon to Run As Administrator and select compatibility for Windows XP sp2 (right click > Properties > Compatibility).

Hope this helps.

regards,
John