workcover refund (how to enter the gst part )

Julie Wearing
Julie Wearing Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
received a refund cheque from workcover.  I have tried to enter this as make deposit, but this way is not allowing me to record the gst part of the refund 

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Sales receipt
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Charles is right Julie - you need to enter this as a Sales Receipt... or if you are on accruals and want to show the reduction in fee in the previous financial year - then do a Tax Invoice for 30 June, then receive the payment against it on the correct date.
  • Julie Wearing
    Julie Wearing Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020
    Sorry if I'm appearing a bit thick the accountant who set up my Chart of accounts has put workcover as a supplier does it make any difference if I set them up as a customer too?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2017
    perfectly fine to have them in there as both - just put a . after the name - as they cant be exactly the same.  :)
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    No need to set the supplier up as a customer.
    Simply use the deposit slip and allocate to "Accounts Payable", then raise a Bill Credit, be sure to allocate the correct GST amount. Then go to pay bills and assign the bill credit to the deposit.