Working with Invoice templates. How do I make my Invoice Template Landscape instead of Portrait

Ben_6937420
Ben_6937420 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Invoice Templates - Portrait to Landscape

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Ben.  You will need to go to the Templates list and then edit the template that you want to change.  Then click on Additional customisation.  Then, you can change the orientation from Portrait to Landscape by clicking on the Print tab.  However, be warned - you will have a fair bit of work ahead of you to re-position and re-size all of the necessary boxes/fields.
    John L G
  • Ben_6937420
    edited April 2018
    Thanks John, yep bit of messing around. But more and more clients are asking for Part Numbers on all quotes and invoices, and I just cant fit all the columns on a Portait orientation.
  • Ben_6937420
    edited April 2018
    Hi John, we have adopted our supplier's part numbers for our own. I have entered all the Manufacturers Part Numbers (MPN) in the system. These numbers show up on our Purchase Orders, but when I do an Invoice, these number do not show up.
    Is there a way to make the MPN show up on one of the Invoice Template columns ?
  • Ben_6937420
    edited July 2020
    It's ok John, I have added a Custom Field to all my Inventory items and will re-type all my part numbers into the system into that field. About 250 of them (Not happy Reckon)
  • John Graetz
    edited April 2018

HI Ben.  Al may not yet be lost.  I would have thought that if you created a new custom field, it should be available to include on your Invoice Template.  Go back to your Template, to additional customisation and then to the Column Tab.  I would have thought that it should appear in that listing, requiring you to put a tick against it for it to appear on your invoice.

John L G 

• Ben_6937420
    edited April 2018
    Yep, I have done that now. The problem is, there is no way in Reckon to make Invoices look at the MPN information in the Inventory Items (this can only be used on Purchase Orders). But by adding a Custom Field in one of your Inventory Items (This is automatically added to all your Inventory Items) you then need to go thru every Inventory Item and add the Part Numbers a 2nd time. You then tell your Invoice Template to look at the new Custom Field you added in those Inventory Items.
    I hope that makes sense :)
  • John Graetz
    edited April 2018

I think that I get the drift here Ben, but I am not conversant with the use of inventory items.  Perhaps somebody else who is, may find what you are doing to be useful and may have a way around your problem.

John L G

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2018
    Ben,

Try exporting the Items List. (File | Utilities | Export | Lists to IIF Files...)
    You should see a column named "MANUFACPARTNO"

There will also be 5 custom field columns, CUSTFLD1 to  CUSTFLD5 one of which will be corresponding to the one you created to hold the part number.

Copy the data from the MANUFACPARTNOMPN column to the relevant custom field.

Save the Item list as a tab-delimited text file.

Then in Reckon Accounts, import the modified item list.
    (File | Utilities | Import | IIF Files...)

This should minimize manual data re-keying.

Regards, 

Reckon Data Recovery Team