Wrong holiday hours entered for accrual in the previous payslips. How to correct the mistake without

Darshi
Darshi Member Posts: 8
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have an employee who has worked with us for 2 years. And I need to terminate the employee. But looking at her past payslips in reckon, her holiday hours have been accrued wrongly. And so the total hours in her last payslip is wrong which is 50 hours more than what she should have accrued. Is there a way I could edit that holiday hours, so I could do a pay out to terminate her? I tried editing the maximum accrued hours, but the number does not get changed in her pay slip.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Darshi.  Generally speaking, when you make amendments to accruals in the employee record, they only show up on the subsequent pay slip.  The alternative, as Kevin suggests, is to re-run the last pay which you could do by simply deleting the last pay for this employee, update the employee records and then re-run the pay for just this one employee.  If you do this, make sure that the end payment values are still the same.  Depending on how you account for the pay in your books, there could be other changes which might occur in reports etc because you would end up with two lots of pays for the period - one for one employee and one for the rest, but the overall values should not change.
    John L G
  • Darshi
    Darshi Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017
    Thank you very much John & Kevin