YTD amounts entered incorrectly when i set up new employee - how do i change this>?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
i have entered the ytd amounts incorrectly when setting up a new employee. How do I change this in the system before sending the first run to the ato? The app lets me change the profile details of the employee but not the pay summary info
Photo of Caren Rogers

Caren Rogers

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

• 1,782 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Submit first pay run as per normal. Then check Pay Summary in the App. If Pay Summary figures are incorrect, use an adjustment to correct the underlying figures.
Photo of Caren Rogers

Caren Rogers

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Joseph. Is there not a way to change this first, so that I don't have to send incorrect information to the ATO?

Photo of Bala Sethuram

Bala Sethuram

• 60 Points
Since this is the first time (in my case) Is re-installing the app an option?
Photo of Debra Krause

Debra Krause

• 60 Points
I just tried that and the information is still there
Photo of Ronnie Wood

Ronnie Wood

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have exactly the same problem i.e. my year-to-date employees amounts should not have been entered, prior to doing the first pay run; thus making the Pay Summary cumulative figures incorrect (i.e. excessive, to the amount of the initial/incorrectly year-to-date employees amounts, entered).

Whilst pay run figures are able to be adjusted and employee profile can be changed, there does not seem to be a way to correct Pay Summary figures.

Very disappointing, frustrating & more than annoying! 
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

A negative adjustment should reduce Pay Summary figures. I did that in the STP App for 2018-19. I also cross checked with the myGov income statement.
Photo of Ronnie Wood

Ronnie Wood

Thanks Joseph
However, as I understand it, whilst a negative adjustment to the pay run figures will indeed reduce the Pay Summary figures to the correct amount; it will also reduce the pay run figures, making them incorrect.

There does not seem to be a way to reduce just the Pay Summary figures (currently incorrect) without affecting the pay run figures (which are currently correct).
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

The myGov income statement figures includes YTD and pay runs figures. A negative adjustment reduces the myGov income statement figures. What matters is the myGov income statement figures.
Photo of Ronnie Wood

Ronnie Wood

It would be nice if there was a way to correct the Pay Summary figures on my Reckon STP App to match those of my pay run figures, then I would be a happy chappie.
Where is Rav, Community Manager when one needs him?
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

Pay Summary is a report. A negative adjustment would reduce underlying figures in the Pay Summary. An adjustment is an update event, pay events are not affected by adjustments.
By nature pay events do not include YTD figures. Pay Summary includes YTD figures.
Photo of Ronnie Wood

Ronnie Wood

Joseph, I merely want to perform a negative adjustment to my Pay Summary figures on my STP App as these were set up incorrectly at the beginning.There seems to be no way to solely adjust/ edit /perform this action within the App.

In the process, I do not wish to change or interfere with the pay run figures on my STP App, as these are correct.

If it were possible, then my YTD Pay Summary figures would equal the the sum of my pay run figures; which is what I am trying to achieve.

I would then once more, become a happy chappie.

Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

What matters are the myGov income statement figures. I have used negative adjustment for 2018-19, that was before Pay Summary was added to the App. Cheers.
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I also have an issue with YTD figures. In the mobile App it never asked any questions and was going fine until 2 weeks ago when it started asking if i had paid an employee after July 1st 2019. when i said yes it asked to enter YTD summary after doing so it doubled the actual amount paid. how do i adjust this without sending to ATO. it let me make the mistake first therefore should be able to reverse it. 
also is there a reason the app keeps asking to register with the ATO. i have done everything and confirmed it with the ATO. is this normal?