zapier integration and API error 500

Options
John Bond
John Bond Member Posts: 4
edited September 2020 in Reckon One
We are trying to integrate Zoho Books with Reckon Hosted Account via Zapier and are continually getting Error 500 'Internal Server Error' .
We have also tried with Reckon one and getting the same issues. What is going on? Can anyone shed some light onto this or how you can rectify the issue?
thanks John

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi John. There are probably a couple of things at play here. 

Firstly, Reckon Accounts Hosted is not supported in Zapier. As you'll notice our listed app is Reckon One which is a different Reckon product.  In other words, having a login to Reckon Hosted does not allow the user to access Reckon One unless they have purchased that product. 

A 500 error would normally mean you are not logging in with a valid Reckon One account. To test this, can you access Reckon One as a product via https://portal.reckon.com ?

If you can't access Reckon One you will need to create an account. You will also need to create a 'book' under that login so Zapier has something to connect to. 

Finally, the architecture of Reckon Accounts Hosted is not compatible with Zapier and therefore we are not planning to add Recon Accounts Hosted to the Zapier eco-system in the short to medium term. 

If you have any additional queries please let us know.

Regards,
    Jason
  • John Bond
    John Bond Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Jason, we can login to the Reckon One portal and we have already set up a Reckon One book and have some invoices for testing. We have a paid version for this. We have selected the only book available in Zapier which is the one we already set up. When trying to connect and test connection it returns SUCCESS! but when testing the zap to Reckon, we are getting the 500 error. See attached error message
    https://prnt.sc/oace6i
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi John. Thanks for that info. Makes it a lot clearer. A 500 error is well known in this industry to be a bit obscure at times. The msg that the server is down isn't accurate, and most likely it's the configuration of the zapier template. For example, if you are creating an invoice, the customer must already exist, however it could be a number of things. 

Send us a support email at zapier@reckon.com and I'll work through it with you offline. 
  • Anne-Marie Clarke
    Anne-Marie Clarke Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Jason, 
    I am having exactly the same problem. Please contact me directly.

Thanks.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Anne-Marie. The 500 error turned out to be mapping issues and I suspect your issues are the same. 

Can you please send a support ticket to zapier@reckon.com and take screenshots of your mapping in reckon one, and also advise what app you are linking to. It would also be helpful to provide a screenshot of the connection error. 

Regards,
    Jason