Help with choosing Superannuation contributions type

Mr. Doge
Mr. Doge Member Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Payroll Premier
I am setting up employees in Payroll Premier but am having trouble reading the drop down list of contribution types. The super guarantee amount is fine, the salary sacrifice amount is fine, but I am not sure what some of the others are for. What are Employee negative, Member Voluntary and Co-Contribution types for? I have employees that make after tax contributions - should they go to Member Voluntary?
Also is there a report that can be uploaded to the ato superannuation clearing house?

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Mr. Doge, big fan of your memes! Welcome to the Community. I'd recommend checking the help index with Payroll Premier for the options of super type - there's a great explanation there. As this matter involves regulatory requirements it's always best to speak with your Accountant - never a good idea to be complacent with Compliance issues :).

From my understanding Neg. is refunds from Super Funds (i.e. Mistake Made and payed wrong fund). Member Voluntary is contributions made by employee after tax income. Co-contribution are additional payments made by employee, with intention to claim the Government Co-Contributions.

For the clearing house report, I'd be keen to know which year version of Payroll Premier you are using. Cheers, Mirko.
  • Mr. Doge
    Mr. Doge Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Mirko,
    The help index says it doesn't work with windows 8. Is there some other way to access it? I am using the 2015/16 version.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015

Activities > Export > Super Export. Is what you are looking for, to get the export file.

*Ignore that this screen is from 14/15 the process is the same.

For the help index, I've not heard of this issue. I do know if Internet Explorer is not set as preferred browser on your machine the Help Index will not work (it uses functions from IE to work). If you try setting IE as default internet browser (how to: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/set-program-access-computer-defaults), let me know if that allows for the Help Index to run.