Single Touch Payroll - Reckon GovConnect STP

RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator
edited June 2020 in Accounts Business Range

Single Touch Payroll (STP) is coming into effect from 1 July 2018. To help you be compliant, we have developed a new application called GovConnect STP that connects all four Reckon products to the ATO STP service. 

The application acts as a gateway to the ATO enabling you to submit your STP reporting directly to the ATO. You can also review payroll info, amend any errors before lodging, receive ATO messages and view all past submissions.

The STP update will be available next week with the 2018 tax tables.
Reckon One, Accounts Hosted, Reckon Accounts 2018 and Payroll Premier 2018/19 are STP enabled and there is no additional cost for this functionality.

GET READY FOR STP
  • GovConnect STP Webinar: A step-by-step demonstration of how to sign up for GovConnect STP and submit payroll data to the ATO.
    Monday, June 25, 2:00PM - 3:00PM AEST - REGISTER NOW
  • STP Resource Hub: We've created a STP Customer Hub to help current Reckon customers get ready for STP. Simply click on your product for specific help guides, how to create a GovConnect account and a list of frequently asked questions.

Comments

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    VERY exciting. Where do I sign up?
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator
    edited June 2018
    Check this out for more info on the sign-up process Kev -
    GovConnect - Single Touch Payroll

And don't forget to attend the webinar if you can too, there will be a demo of the application and process.
  • KellyKelly Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2018
    So I've just followed the guide on how to log in to the portal, but it appears there is no option for Reckon Hosted, only Reckon One still. Will this be updated over the weekend as well or have I done something wrong?

edited June 2018
    Hi Kelly,
    There are no changes in how you login to Reckon Accounts Hosted, you will continue to login and use it from the usual place HERE

The Reckon GovConnect STP application will be available inside the Reckon Portal from next week.

There's more info on this in our STP Customer Hub HERE.
    (Just click the Reckon Accounts Hosted option as your product on that page)

GovConnect - Single Touch Payroll

• KellyKelly Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Rav, it was just a little unclear that the portal is not ready yet. Thanks for the info! :)
  • Nicky WrayNicky Wray Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2018
    I have created an account in the customer portal but payroll premier is not mentioned nor anyway to activate govConnect or add payroll premier
    edited June 2018
    Hi Nicky,
    You'll be able to see the GovConnect STP app inside the Portal once its activated later this week.

Also, I'd recommend attending the webinar this afternoon as the team will be giving you a demo on how to use Payroll Premier with GovConnect STP - 
    Single Touch Payroll: Pre-release WEBINAR - 25 June
    edited June 2018
    Hi Ray, I am registered for the webinar this afternoon.  Will there be written instructions provided anywhere? If not, will print out the Guide.There won't be much of a gap between when its available and when we're supposed to use it.
    Thanks
  • Darren GDarren G Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2019
    Good afternoon Rav,

Where can i find a recording of this Webinar?

Thank you.
    edited June 2018
    Hi Darren, welcome to the Community.

The webinar just finished up about 20 minutes ago and the recording should be available tomorrow morning. I'll post it on the Community as soon as I can get my hands on the copy.
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I missed at we had an urgent meeting called. Looking forward to catching up on this one.
    edited June 2018
    I noticed in the webinar (couldn't hear, only read the screen) that multi-factor authentication was mandatory and then there were instructions for enabling on a phone or a tablet. Please tell me we are not required to use either of these devices to send the data to the ATO??
    edited June 2018
    Nicky no. The device is only necessary for 2FA
    edited June 2018
    Thank you
    edited June 2018
    Delerious to be of assistance. Have you set up 2FA yet? Its a snap. In the other software we use Google authenticator. Its very simple. Runs on your phone. You need a account for every software you use like Q or X or M.
    edited June 2018
    The business doesn't require 2FA and I only use my phone for messages and ringing people. How quaint, I know.
    edited June 2018
    Hi Nicky,
    MFA is an important and mandatory component in the STP process as required by the ATO. I'd recommend taking a look at the info on how MFA fits in the STP process HERE to get accustomed to the requirements that will be in place.
    I'll also have a copy of the webinar up today so you can catch up on anything you missed.
    edited June 2018
    The recorded copy of the webinar is now available. Its a long one but has a lot of questions answered by our STP experts so I'd recommend giving it a watch. 

Single Touch Payroll: Pre-Release WEBINAR - 25 June 2018
    edited June 2018
    So Kevin says we don't need another device but you are saying different?
    edited June 2018
    You don't need any additional device other than a Android smartphone or iPhone to use the Google Authenticator app. Did you take a look at the MFA link I posted in the reply above, it covers the process in detail.
    edited June 2018
    Yes, I did but my point is I don't use a smartphone, my positions here at work doesn't need or use a smartphone, we don't use Ipads or Android tablets at work. The MFA procedure seems to say basically that you won't be able to comply with the new rules unless you use a smartphone or a tablet.
    edited June 2018
    Nicky, Try the below link as this is a Google Chrome attachment (extension) so you wont be required to use a personal smart phone.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/authenticator/bhghoamapcdpbohphigoooaddinpkbai?hl=en
    edited June 2018
    Rav, Thank you for posting the webinar. Very informative looking forward to moving forward with STP in the new financial year.
    edited April 2019
    Don't want to use any smartphone, there isn't one available for use in this role,( you can't use google authenticator on a PC )Interesting that a google product is used when most government websites and portals don't work with Chrome. Sorry if I am being "thick" but it just seems unbelievable that the ATO should mandate "you must use a mobile device to comply with our new rules"
    edited June 2019
    The Reckon GovConnect STP application is now live and available in the Reckon Portal!

For information on how on how to sign up, please check out our guide here -
    Reckon GovConnect - Single Touch Payroll
    edited October 2018
    Hi everyone,

We've got a new bunch of webinars coming up that focus on Single Touch Payroll and each of our individual products. 

I'd highly recommend attending these webinars as they'll show you the whole process from sign-up to upload, and everything in between for the product that you use specifically.

The first one is this afternoon and there's still time to register a spot, don't miss out!

Check out the details here -

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon Accounts Desktop WEBINAR (29 June)

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon One WEBINAR (4 July 2018)

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon Accounts Hosted WEBINAR (5 July 2018)

Single Touch Payroll for Payroll Premier WEBINAR (5 July 2018)
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2020
    Hi Rav,

Is this a different webinar to the one held on the 25th of June - Single Touch Payroll - Pre release Webinar for Customers .

I am not sure if I should watch the recorded one or attend the one today?

Thanks, Rosie

edited June 2018
    Hi there Rosie,
    I'd definitely recommend attending/viewing both as there is some valuable information on the new GovConnect STP application in the previous webinar.
    The good thing about the new webinars coming up is that they focus on each individual product specifically so you'll be able to see processes that affect you and apply it to your circumstances and ask questions as well.
    edited June 2018
    Thank you Rosie for asking the question I was about to ask. And thank you Rav, always very informative. Looking forward to today's webinar.
  • Chantelle BChantelle B Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    When will the tax table/STP update be uploaded to the members area? Also can you have more than one login for reckon portal for different staff members?