Corrupt File

Peter Lumsden
Peter Lumsden Member Posts: 23
edited August 2019 in Payroll Premier
Apparently I have a corrupt file (Payroll Premier) and this is the reason I cannot get a STP report. I have tried Tech guys on phone however I am unable to understand them. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Seems like a pretty silly reason. I doubt there would be much any of us could do here for a corrupt file other than restoring from the last successful pay. I'd call them back and speak to someone else
  • Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2019
    If it is the program that has a corrupt file then try removing Payroll Premier completely. Then clean up your hard drive. Reinstall your program. Ensure you overwrite the Rinb.exe file found under the Reports tab. If the data file is corrupt you should have a back-up. If not, try checkong the file using Windows tools. This may fix it. Always keep your computer drive as clean as you can about every week.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hi Peter,

If you are unable to generate STP reports for specific periods, then this indicates a data file problem.

Go through each of the Pay Run numbers listed in the Single Touch Payroll Report screens drop-down list.

Starting from Pay run 1, keep selecting each until you find the first pay run number that does not generate a report correctly.

Submit a request for a Reckon Data Service analysis and we can take a look.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team