instance.employeedata.state is not one of enum values

Options
Stephanie_10184158
Stephanie_10184158 Member Posts: 10
edited August 2019 in Payroll Premier
Can anyone help with the following errors with Payroll Premier STP?

I've tried deleting and re-entering the data. Some employees fixed BUT then new ones appear on the list each time I re-run STP report.

The States are a drop-down list so I don't understand why we are getting these errors.

I don't have time to to wait on hold for 1-2 hours for Reckon Support.

It's very frustrating as the message only flashes on the screen momentarily so you have to be quick to take a screen shot to work out which employee has the error!!! And then there could be more which you won't know until you rerun STP. We have 500+ employees/week so this is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Comments

• Greg Tenni_8946652
    Greg Tenni_8946652 Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I've had similar issues, but can't quite remember the details.
    I think that the issue is not always in the State or phone number field, but in the previous text fields like address etc.
    Because the phone number and state fields are the first fields that require a defined format, the error is tripping on these fields.
    Sometimes it is because there is an additional comma - usually in the address field - and this effectively adds in another field and moves text into the what should be the phone number field, causing the error.
    Open the JSON file in Notepad and have a look at the data - it should be easy to read. Check that the State fields do have the correct data in them and that all the other fields appear correct.
    Then make sure you have no extra commas or semi-colons in the address text fields.
    You will need to edit the employee records to remove these characters if you find them there.

Best of luck.
    Greg
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Just to add to Greg's comments above, you'll notice there is a number in brackets following the instance.EmployeeData[xx]. This means that its number+1 for the employee in the STP list that needs attention. 
    So in your screenshot, the first error line has instance.EmployeeData[2] so you need to check the details for the 3rd employee in the STP list and so on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Yes as Rav indicates, if you were able to fix some employee data then obviously a thorough check of all data will help you solve your problem. It is often only a simple wrong letter or date that is the problem. Be pedantic in your investigation of your processes. Hopefully you will prevail.
  • Stephanie_10184158
    Stephanie_10184158 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am trying Greg's suggestion of opening file in Notepad to check data. I have come across a few employees who were not on the error list but had extra spaces etc. And a few above and below the employee listed with errors as someone else suggested in another post. Anyway wish me luck.......fingers crossed.