JOBKEEPER PAYMENTS WITH PAYROLL PREMIER 2019/20

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited June 2020 in Payroll Premier
Hi everyone,

Check out our official documentation on how to setup and process JobKeeper payments with Payroll Premier 2019/20 below.

Payroll Premier 2019/20 JobKeeper Guide

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Catherine moxon
    Catherine moxon Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2020
    What about the creation of the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX code??
    This only shows the Job Keeper Topup code?

• Elizabeth Kurniawan_10585054
    Elizabeth Kurniawan_10585054 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, from the above Payroll Premier 2019/20 Job keeper Guide, you did not mention how to add JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX & JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FNXX . Do we need to add these to items in Payroll Premier ? 

• Elizabeth Kurniawan_10585054
    Elizabeth Kurniawan_10585054 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, if employee have been stood down from the business for a month and company agreed to pay 2 weeks annual leaves on top of  job keeper monthly allowance $ 3000, gross total will be over $ 3000/month. How should I process it in payroll premier.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    That's correct, Payroll Premier is slightly different to our other payroll software in the way it can handle these payments.

However in regard to your question, the article covers this in the 'Defining eligible employees' section.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    edited April 2020
    That's correct, Payroll Premier is slightly different to our other payroll software in the way it can handle these payments.

However in regard to your question, the article covers this in the 'Defining eligible employees' section.

• Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,
    So i've posted 3 x payruns since this started, and i just used an additional ordinary hours code for the JK Topup amounts. Do i now just have to edit those runs with this new allowance code, and select update event in the STP section, and re-upload file into GovConnect?
    Do i select Full File Replacement, or Update Previously completed ATO Submission in GovConnect?
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    You've nailed it Catherine, that's exactly what you need to do. Its an Update Event that you need to put through not a Full File Replacement.

• Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Rav, what i meant at the end though, when uploading the reuploading the STP file in GovConnect, the report type asks, Full File Replacement, or Update Previously completed ATO Submission (picture below) which one do i use?
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Ah I see. Choose the Update a previously completed ATO submission option like how you have selected in the screenshot.

• Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    Thank you! fingers crossed it works! 
  • Peta Lane_10586604
    Peta Lane_10586604 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020
    So we do not have to do FNXX in payroll premier?  How do we handle the pays already processed in April?  I will need to top up several employees.  How do we advise ATO which topup applies to which JK fortnight?
  • Canbelto Ray
    Canbelto Ray Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    So just to be clear (this has been asked but no clear answer yet as far as I can see)
    1. there is no need to enter any JOBKEEPER-FNXXX
    2. employees that get paid OVER the $1500 we just enter as we have always entered without any allowances, or extra lines?
    Thanks

Ray

• Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    I just called the ATO to check in on this, as i was a bit unsure too. She said we cwill need to identify your eligible employees directly through the ATO Portal from the 4th May, as it says in the Reckon guide.  

Check the link out below, scroll down to 'How to identify your eligible employees'

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/In-detail/JobKeeper-guide---employers-reporting-through-STP/#Step2Identifyandmaintainyoureligibleempl
  • Suzanne DiStefano
    Suzanne DiStefano Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,  The payroll premier 19/20 guide doesn't include the items - JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX & JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FNXX in the user guide, it only says to set up - JOBKEEPER-TOPUP but above you say we do need to set these items up.  Please clarify urgently as we need to process our payroll.

Another question please, we are currently using Payroll Premier for our payroll and we then run Enterprise for our day to day business operations. We are looking to migrate to Enterprise for Payroll from 1st July, will this be a problem with Jobkeeper administration? 

Thank you
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Cannot create the JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN03 as an allowance.

It comes back with an error too many characters.

Will there be an update?
    Thanks Adrian
  • FelicityW
    FelicityW Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, I have already submitted a payroll run with the top up un the commission / bonus section. I edited the pays to change it under allowances. However when I went to upload the file in Gov connect
    it was not accepted.

Any suggestions?

• Suzanne DiStefano
    edited April 2020
    We called Reckon last night and were advised that for Payroll Premier we are to only use the JOBKEEPER-TOPUP code, we are not to use the "-FNXX" codes in Payroll Premier.  Our business does weekly payroll and haven't paid any jobkeeper as yet, we will pay all April top-ups when we do the pay run next week.  Reckon advised that we are to edit each employee we are 'topping up" in each pay run we have done and use the new allowance code entering the top up value.  At the conclusion of editing each payroll we were advised to resubmit the STP file and select the 'update a previously submitted file" option. We are not to do just the one line on the last payroll for April for the whole April top-up value, this will not be recognised as complying with job keeper for the entire month.  Fingers crossed this works otherwise I am not looking forward to sorting it out at the other end with the ATO!
  • Simon Hutchinson_7077598
    Simon Hutchinson_7077598 Alumni Posts: 24
    edited April 2020
    Hi Adrian,

Payroll Premier uses the alternate method of reporting where the STP reports go in but the employees eligible will be identified by yourself during the claims process in the business portal.

This is why the documentation does not cover off FINISH-FNXX etc, it is a different process for payroll premier users.
  • Cathy Purcell
    Cathy Purcell Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Hi Suzanne, How crazy is it that. We have to go back & edit pays but pay the amount next week.  A lot of work, and a lot of room for errors with Gross, tax & Net  etc. 
    Surely we can just pay the fortnight "top up" next week and then identify the eligible employees thru the ATO portal from 4th May?  By editing the past pays, your payroll reports won't balance with bank records etc. 
  • Suzanne DiStefano
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,
    We were initially advised by Payroll Premier support to re-submit each of our weekly pay runs via STP (reckon portal) that we had to edit to add in the JK top up allowance.  We then called back today to inquire whether it was a better idea to just submit the last of the three payruns STP file only as this had the cumulative allowance totals and we were advised that this was the better option.  Can you please confirm this is the case.  I find there isn't any information in your Payroll Premier Job Keeper user guide in regards to submitting STP files.  Furthermore, I haven't seen a webinar for Payroll Premier, only Reckon accounts and Reckon one.
  • Peta Lane_10586604
    edited April 2020
    I would like an answer to this question too!!!  ASAP
  • Peta Lane_10586604
    edited April 2020
    Suzanne,
    Have you a response or further info?
    PEta
  • Canbelto Ray
    Canbelto Ray Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    My understanding is that if using Payroll Premier 19/20 we still have to go into the ATO Business Portal to select eligible employees - is this correct?
  • Rav
    edited July 2020
    Yes that is correct - 

Defining eligible employees
    When you login to the ATO Business Portal once JobKeeper claims becomes available in early May 2020, your Single Touch Payroll report data will be pre-filled into the portal for review. At this time you will be able to define which employees from your reports are eligible for JobKeeper and for which JobKeeper fortnight they became eligible.

Once you have submitted your claim including this information, the ATO will process your reports and send the refund to the bank account you entered during JobKeeper enrolment on the ATO business portal.

• Rav
    edited April 2020
    Suzanne & Peta,
    Have you already updated the previous pays to include the JobKeeper items and sent an Update Event?

• Suzanne DiStefano
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, yes we have updated three weeks of pays as we pay weekly.  We have sent an update event for the last file only (ie. the third week's file).

• Suzanne DiStefano
    edited April 2020
    I haven't heard anything further Peta, other than Rav's question above.
  • Saz02h
    Saz02h Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am more than confused now, I am topping up my employee for all her april JK payment on thursday, can i just include the $3000 for the whole month and split it over 4 weeks for taxation purpose or do i need to ammend the last 4 weeks pay runs to include the $750 per week and resubmit via STP updated events?
  • Susan Jenkins-Peat
    Susan Jenkins-Peat Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2020
    I just topped up all my eligible employees in my last pay run for April, I pay weekly and just calculated the difference between the normal hours gross and the $750 gross Jobkeeper - the difference was then entered Top-Up in Allowances,  surely you don't have to go back and amend every previous pay.. I believe as long as the 4 weeks total $3000 gross and you then go into ATO Business Portal open 4th May to select those employees eligible and indicate FN001 from 30th March you should be right - correct me if I'm wrong

• Peta Lane_10586604
    edited April 2020
    That is correct.  I spoke to the ATO yesterday and they don't expect you to update each pay
  • Susan Jenkins-Peat
    Susan Jenkins-Peat Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2020
    Peta, thank you, that was my understanding from the outset, thank you for re-affirming this , Regards, Sue