I am using STP mobile app v1.13.1 and it really has problems. The ATO records of my EOFY reports are

Terry HoltonTerry Holton Member Posts: 3
edited August 21 in Single Touch Payroll App
I am using STP mobile app v1.13.1 and it really has problems. The ATO records of all my payment summaries are the same as my own records and those of the App.
However, when I do a EOFY report it comes up with significant differences, amounting to over $46,000 in wages, over $10,000 in tax and over $4,000 in super.
Its easy to add up and compare with my figures and the ATO schedule and yet the software comes up such significant variations. It makes no sense and I feel worried that issuing such a large adjustment is embarrassing  could create other problems. Any thoughts ?
Terry Holton

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited July 22
    Hi Terry,
    Can I just confirm a few details - 
    - The figures in the Pay Summary section for each employee in your STP app are correct
    - The figures on the ATO end are correct (can you confirm how/where you've verified this?)
    - The figures in the 2019/20 EOFY Report in the STP app are INCORRECT
    Is the above correct?

Have all your submissions been successful or have ANY of them returned an error?

The reason I ask is, with the STP app, the YTD figures shown in the 'Pay Summary' section are an accumulation of ALL submissions sent ie. Success, Error & Pending status along with any YTD pay that was entered for the employee when you initially set them up. It does not however show a 'live' balance that is sitting with the ATO.
  • Peter WilsonPeter Wilson Member Posts: 6
    edited July 3
    I agree with Terry. Something seriously wrong with additions for Gross Pay, Tax w/held and Superannuation. Only "Allowances" is correct which I have used for JobKeeper top-up pay. I have also updated to 1.13.1 and totals are the same as previous. Totals are almost double the correct amounts. Note also that "Allowances" amount does not appear in ATO STP payments.
  • Ming NgMing Ng Member Posts: 2
    edited July 13
    I have the same problem as for Peter and Terry, although I have upgraded my App to vs 1.13.1
  • Melissa Frances ClintonMelissa Frances Clinton Member Posts: 3
    edited July 22
    I have the same problem too and I have the upgraded version 1.13.1
  • Jane WoodwardJane Woodward Member Posts: 2
    edited July 5
    I am having same issue but my end of year report matches figures in ato but both are not correct I have added the weekly amounts in STP plus and minus amendments and the end of year figure for say employee A is $1500.00 gross to much , Employee $620.00 the number does not correlate to any amendment i have upgaded to1.13.1
  • Bruce MoffatBruce Moffat Member Posts: 4
    edited July 5
    I have the same problem. Updating to Android v1.13.1 leaves me with the same incorrect figures as before. They appear to correlate to the issue of submission dates being used not pay period dates which Rav claimed was fixed. It isn't.
    edited July 16
    Hi all,
    If you already have a balance appearing in the 2020/21 financial year which you know are incorrect then you can remove this by following the steps I've outlined in this post HERE.
  • Michaela BalgowanMichaela Balgowan Member Posts: 7
    edited July 6
    Hi, I am new to this app and have only submitted 3 pay runs for an employee and the EOFY figures are incorrect in that they are adding a week to the total amount. On my pay run summaries it shows only the 3 pay run details that I sent to ato and I cannot do an adjustment as the minus symbol you have referred to is not an option on the app. I have spent way too long trying to figure this out and if there is a problem with the app can it be fixed at your end. I am using the app version 1.13.1.
  • Phil NesbittPhil Nesbitt Member Posts: 8
    edited July 6
    I have the same problem. I set up my employees in FY18/19 so maybe the issue is that it is including the initial balance figures used when creating the employees which it shouldn’t in FY19/20 If we submit an adjustment I need to understand how the ATO process it as we really need ATO to ignore it as the figures they have are correct - it’s just your figures in the EOY report that are wrong We need a solution, either software fix or a process to follow, before my the end please.
  • Andrea GlassonAndrea Glasson Member Posts: 4
    edited July 21
    I am also having the same problem.

Please note the following;
    - Our first employee started in August 2019 so this is the first payroll year using STP. Therefore, problem cannot be due to future years.
    - I am using App version 1.13.1
    - My last payroll run was done on 29th June 2020. I have not processed any pay runs for the 2021 payroll year
    - We have 4 employees in the 2019/2020 payroll year
    - 3 out of the 4 employees figures in all the fields we use, being - Gross Pay, Tax Withheld & Superannuation, are incorrect on the EOFY (FY19/20) Report
    - I have manually added up all the amounts reported in the Pay Runs which have been submitted to the ATO. All Pay Runs are showing as DONE (in green). The amounts in the Pay Runs do not add up to the amounts showing on the EOFY (FY19/20) Report.
    - I note that Reckon advise in their Help section to do an adjustment Pay Run to correct the difference in amounts
    - I have two issues with doing this;
    Firstly, what implications might there be if an adjustment Pay Run is done and sent to the ATO? While this will fix the totals on the EOFY (FY19/20) Report, but it seems as thought this would have an effect of the amounts sent to the ATO for employees. 
    Secondly, I am unable to make a negative adjustment using the STP App. The - (minus) symbol is in the same icon as the . (point) symbol and it only picks up the . symbol

Reckon, this is obviously an issue with a number of people using your STP App which needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
    Can you please provide updates with this as a matter of urgency.

Community - does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts about this?
  • MargaretMargaret Member Posts: 1
    edited July 21
    I am having the same problem with the eofy report as others. The report figures are exactly overstated by the first quarter pay run.  I am using app version 1.13.1 also. Likewise I am not comfortable with just doing an "adjustment" also wondering how the ATO views this.  I only started using this app in the 2019/2020 year.  Help please!!
  • Paula FogartyPaula Fogarty Member Posts: 2
    edited July 6
    I am having the same problem with v1.13.1. My numbers for each fortnight submitted to the ATO are correct and agree with the ATO, but differ wildly from the EOFY reconciliation that is generated. I tried to decrease the amounts using a variation, but the software does not have the option of subtraction. What do I do now?
  • Bruce MoffatBruce Moffat Member Posts: 4
    edited July 22
    Rav, as a software fix appears beyond Reckon at this point, The most pressing problem for most of us here is simply confirming to the ATO via the 19/20 EOFY Report that our data sent during the year is correct. Can you possibly add an option to the app to create an EOFY report with fully unpopulated fields just like a normal pay run? We can deal with erroneous 20/21 data later.
    edited July 22
    Hi Bruce,
    If the figures in your EOFY2019/20 report are incorrect, then you need to amend these be creating an update event in the app to bring them in line with what they should be.
    Once this is done, sending through the EOFY report will then overwrite any & all balances that are sitting with the ATO prior to that point.

I'll add an article below which outlines this process in more detail -
    End of Financial Year finalisation with the STP app

In regard to the overall situation with how the Pay Summary aspect works in the app, yes it definitely needs improvement and its something we're looking at however a big limitation is there is no service, API call, webhook etc that allows us to show the 'live' figure that has been accepted/processed and sitting with the ATO.
    edited July 6
    So are you saying that whatever we send to ATO in terms of adjustments are ignored by them once we submit the EOFY report?
  • Terry HoltonTerry Holton Member Posts: 3
    edited July 6
    Hi Rav

I am not certain whether you received my recent response on my EOFY issue:

Hi Rav

Please see my response in red below.

Regards

Terry Holton
    Sent: Friday, July 3, 2020 4:52 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: New reply: I am using STP mobile app v1.13.1 and it really has problems. ...

Reckon Rav Community Manager profile pictureRav (Community Manager) replied to this problem: I am using STP mobile app v1.13.1 and it really has problems. The ATO records of my EOFY reports are

Hi Terry,
    Can I just confirm a few details -
    - The figures in the Pay Summary section for each employee in your STP app are correct   Yes they appear to be. However, it includes two June 2019 payment which I have discounted, although they would not make such a significant discrepancy.
    - The figures on the ATO end are correct (can you confirm how/where you've verified this?)  They come up on my ATO account as approved STP payments totalling $131,097, with dates approved, gross pay amounts and income tax payments received. The total authorised of $131,097, is the same as that shown in my accounting software and the manually added up figures from the STP App.
    - The figures in the 2019/20 EOFY Report in the STP app are incorrect
    Is the above correct?  Yes and they total $177,316, some $46,000 higher.

Have all your submissions been successful or have ANY of them returned an error? One returned an error, which was subsequently corrected.

The reason I ask is, with the STP app, the YTD figures shown in the 'Pay Summary' section are an accumulation of ALL submissions sent ie. Success, Error & Pending status along with any YTD pay that was entered for the employee when you initially set them up. It does not however show a 'live' balance that is sitting with the ATO.

I have seen a massive number of similar problems come through this forum, of the EOFY reports for the Reckon STP App.
    This is not a good reflection on the quality of the Reckon products and the 1.13.1 version appears to have serious software problems and is frustrating so many people. 
    Can we expect a software upgrade or do we have to all use the "adjustment" fix,which is like putting your head in the sand and hoping it will all go away ??

Terry Holton

View reply

• Jennifer QinJennifer Qin Member Posts: 1
    edited July 6
    Thanks Michaela, please keep updated. So annoying!
    edited July 6
    Thanks for your comment. It seems then that the ATO don’t want us to create adhoc adjustments so we are left with Reckon fixing the issue as the only solution. Does anyone know how to confirm with ATO that our FY19/20 have all been submitted like we used to do with the tick in this app? That’s all we really need to do as ATO already has our figures for the year.
    edited July 6
    Phil,
    The EOFY report you send WILL overwrite ALL balances prior to that point once it sends through and is accepted.

The full process including the above is outlined here -
    End of Financial Year finalisation with the STP app
  • TeresaTeresa Member Posts: 2
    edited July 13
    I have the same problem. The app is updated to 1.13.1 - My employee received an income statement from ATO with completely incorrect figures for Gross payments and Tax withheld. On the STP phone app the EOFY report for 19/20 shows the same incorrect totals, so I assume the ATO got these amounts from the app. When I phoned Reckon for help I was told there is no phone support for the free phone app and to come to this forum.
    edited July 6
  • TeresaTeresa Member Posts: 2
    edited July 6
    Rav could you please explain why we are having this issue and is this going to be an ongoing issue?
    edited July 6
    Terry Holton need you to clarify something for me below.
    However, it includes two June 2019 payment which I have discounted, although they would not make such a significant discrepancy.
    Sorry, but what you do you mean you have discounted these figures? Are the figures you are seeing in the 'Pay Summary' section for each employee correct or incorrect ie. do they align with what you have paid this employee in reality or not?

You've mentioned that one of your submissions returned an error, its great that you've corrected it however how did you do that? ie. did you send through the submission again or did you create an adjustment?
    Keep in mind, as I explained in my earlier reply to you, the initial figures that you sent through in the erroneous submission WILL have been included in the pay summary figures that you see for the employee. That's because the app shows an accumulated total of ALL submissions regardless of whether or not they are accepted PLUS any YTD pay balance that you entered for the employee when you first create them.
  • salafiafarming@gmail.com[email protected] Member Posts: 24
    edited July 6
    Im having the exact same problem
    plus I Can not use the 'minus' to do adjustment
  • Andrea GlassonAndrea Glasson Member Posts: 4
    edited July 6
    Rav - there are a number of us have said the same thing. We are unable to use the 'minus' to make the adjustment.
    Can you please advise.
    Thank you
  • Melissa Frances ClintonMelissa Frances Clinton Member Posts: 3
    edited July 6
    How do I remove an employee from the EOFY 2019/20 report who did not work for us during that period? Wages have been attributed to him by the App but this is not correct as he earned $0 in the last financial year. He worked during the 2018/19 period but I was not using Reckon STP at that time. However, I added him to our employee list on 1 July 2019 in case he did end up doing some work for us. I have been unable to delete this employee from our list.

I have spoken to the ATO and they are going to get back to me, hopefully with a solution.  I am SO disappointed with Reckon STP App.  I, like so many others have wasted hours, if not days trying to sort out incorrect figures on the app that are due to the app and not those using it.  I won't continue using this application.
    edited July 6
    Teresa,
    The reason why is because the 'Pay Summary' section in the app tracks the balance for ALL submissions (Success, Error, Pending) ie. regardless of whether they are accepted or not plus any YTD balance that is entered for the employee when they are created. The reason why we have to do it this way is because there is no service that allows us to show the 'live' figure that is sitting with the ATO.
    In saying that all that, yes it needs big improvement because its obvious its creating confusion and we're looking at how we can do that given the limitations in place.
  • Tamara FergusonTamara Ferguson Member Posts: 3
    edited July 6
    Hi Rav
    I'm trying to do the EOFY report for 2019/20.  I had the problem of the final pay run incorrectly falling into the 2021/22 year (with your system using the date the pay run was submitted (2 July 20) rather than the actual pay date (29 June 20).

I have followed your instructions to create an adjustment dated 1 July 2020 to cancel out the pay run shown in the 20/21 Pay Summary.  This worked to remove it from the Reckon 20/21 report.  However, when I log onto our ATO business portal, this payrun is showing up in the ATO list of pay runs for the 2019/20 year (as the ATO used the pay date).   So, the pay runs they ATO have are all correct for the 2019/20 year.  However, when I now run the Reckon report for 2019/20 it is still missing the final payrun that I did the adjustment on.  If I re-submit this payrun, I'm afraid the ATO will then receive this payrun twice in their system??  The figures the ATO currently have are all correct, I just can't work out how to give them the correct EOYF report from your system.  Please advise ASAP.
    Tamara