Can't make changes more than 1 year ago

aakkaakk Member Posts: 3
edited October 2020 in Single Touch Payroll App

First year using the STP app, and have not realised, when finalising the year, that I'd like to correct things for July and August 2019. I started using STP in August so don't have a July entry, and I neglected to report super in the August entry.

I thought I'd be able to do a pay run for July and and update event got August, but I can't choose days earlier than October 2019.

What's the best way to achieve what I want to do?

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator

Hi @aakk

Which version of the STP app are you using? Please ensure that you are on the latest update which is v1.13.5, check your app store for any available updates.

I believe the scenario you've outlined was related to a bug with an older version of the app but was resolved with a new updated version.

Let me know how you get on.

• aakkaakk Member Posts: 3

Hi @Rav

Thanks very much for the response. I've checked my app and I am on the latest version.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator

Thanks for checking that @aakk, you're right I've just checked my own account and it stretches back to Oct last year.

Ok, in this case here's what you could do to get your balances back on track and what they should be in real terms. You can create an Update Event in the app to amend the current employee balances. In the Pay Run screen click the blue + symbol and select 'New Update Event'.

EXAMPLE

Employee John Smith shows a current balance of $1000.00 gross pay, $500.00 super and $100.00 tax. Whereas in reality, he should have $4000.00 gross pay, $750.00 super and $150.00 tax. In this example, the update even you create for John Smith will be $3000.00 gross pay, $250.00 super and $50.00 tax.

The end result by sending through an Update Event is to make corrections or amendments to the employee YTD balances that may have been missed or incorrect with a submission.

I'll link our help guide below which outlines this process in more detail -

• aakkaakk Member Posts: 3

Thank you Rav, that's very helpful! I'll give it a try.