I can't lodge the STP for my client, could you help me to solve the problem? Thank you.

wjapwjap Member Posts: 15
edited November 2020 in Single Touch Payroll App

Hi @Rav ,

I have problem to lodge my client's STP for Aug and Sep. I had informed ATO to register the software for my client and I also had follow their instruction to complete the company setup info in reckon app. But when I need to lodge the STP, it was not worked. After I finished to fill the review company details, there was no sign to showed that it was done. I had fill it for several time last week but still not worked. My client's ABN is 17 641 656 322. Could you please help me to check the problem with my client? Thank you.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator

Hi @wjap

Sorry but I might need some clearer info on what is happening here.

I can see that the ABN is currently registered with 2 different branch numbers under two different email addresses. What is the branch number for this ABN in reality and which account is the correct one that needs to be used?

But when I need to lodge the STP, it was not worked

When you say it has not worked, what is happening specifically? Are you encountering an error message? If so, what is it?

At the moment, I can see there are no submissions sent to the ATO which is fine, please do not send any as it will prevent the ability to delete the ABN and/or account if that is required.

• wjapwjap Member Posts: 15

Hi @Rav ,

Thank you for your response.

The ABN I provide is with this email address: [email protected], and the branch number is 2. The account with these info I provided is the correct one. Thank you.

I said 'the STP lodgment did not work' actually means that after I finished to fill the review company details, there was no sign to showed that it was done. So, the STP was saved in draft but did not lodged. So, there is no error message.

If you need more info please let me know. Thank you so much.

Thanks @wjap

Ok, so it looks like there's been a mix up here in regard to the ABN/branch numbers and the email addresses that they are registered under.

I think the easiest thing to do here is delete both accounts entirely so that you can create a new account under the right email address & setup everything up.

I'll wait to hear from you before doing that though. Let me know.

Cheers

Hi @Rav ,

Thank you for your response.

Actually I only have one email address for this company which I have mentioned to you yesterday. The other one [email protected] and its different ABN is for another company. I think I only register one account for the company yesterday I mentioned to you. Could you please double check it for me. Thank you so much.

There are two accounts. One for branch 1 and another for branch 2. One is under the [email protected] email address that you mentioned above however the second is under a different email address (not the [email protected] one you've mentioned).

Would you like me to delete both accounts?

Hi @Rav ,

Could you please help me to delete the other one that I never mentioned? As I really have no idea about that account. Thank you very much.

Branch 1 is under the [email protected] email address/account.

You've mentioned that the ABN has branch 2 in reality and that is under a different account with a different email address.

I can delete the branch 2 that you've requested, however that will still leave branch 1 under the [email protected] account. Do you want to retain this?

@Rav

Yes, sure, just delete the account under branch 2. Then I can edit the other account which under branch 1, to change the branch 1 to 2 later. Thank you so much.

@Rav

BTW, do you know how to change the phone number for accounts to receive code to log in? I need to change several accounts' phone number. Thank you so much.

Ok. I've deleted branch 2 now with immediate effect.

Then I can edit the other account which under branch 1, to change the branch 1 to 2 later.

Just a heads up, changing branches after submissions have been sent to the ATO requires our backend devs to get involved and can take some time to action. Right now there have been no submissions sent under branch 1 so I can delete it from the [email protected] account and you can then register branch 2 under the same existing account. Once a submission has been sent, I can no longer delete the registration. I'll leave it up to you but let me know.

To change the phone number associated with an account's Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) you need to login the Reckon Portal here with the app account email address & password. Click on 'Profile' in the top right corner once logged in and then scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the Multi Factor Authentication section. You will need to revoke the existing MFA phone number from here.

Once that is completed, the next time you login to the app it will prompt you to enter a new phone number.

There is more information on this in the guide below -

@Rav

Thanks a lot. I can lodge the STP now. Thanks so much.