Incorrect company details

I down loaded the reckon STP app earlier this year but put the wrong company name and use a ACN Beetag ACN 087477745

i discovered the error when we started getting IAS I phoned my accountant and she suggested she said she would cancel the registration but I now need to re register with the correct details

how do edit the detail on the app for the company details

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator

Hi @Gillianmurray

Just a couple of questions first off.

What is the incorrect ABN that you entered into the STP app?

Have you sent through any submissions to the ATO under this incorrect ABN? If so, have any of them been successful ie. do the show a 'Success' status?

If they show an 'Error' status, can you let me know the full error message that has been returned from the ATO. You'll find it within the submission itself, click on the 'Review' button.

Please note, you've mentioned that you use an ACN. The STP app does not currently support the registration & use of ACN's in the app.

• GillianmurrayGillianmurray Member Posts: 4

HI @Rav

incorrect ABN is 72087477745 Beetag PTY LTD

I have sent in the submissions to the ATO and they have been successful . My accountant said she would deal with my error at the ATO and I was to put the correct details into the STP app

My error is I was to use the company with an ABN 59626487511 The above company I put into Reckon acts for our trust.

Yes I said I used an ACN, I wondered if the app just over rid my error. I don't know how or why. As you may have concluded, I am very new to this and learni

Thanks for getting back to me @Gillianmurray

Ok, the first thing you need to do is bring the balances you've sent from the app for this incorrect ABN from the app back to zero. You can do this by creating an Update Event in the app by clicking the blue + symbol ➡️ New Update Event.

Check the 'Pay Summary' balances for ALL employees in the app and note them down. Essentially you need to bring the total balances that are showing for the employees back to zero and send the Update Event through.

EXAMPLE: If employee John Smith shows a balance of $1000.00 gross pay, $50.00 tax and $12.00 super then the Update Event you create for this same employee will be the inverse ie. -$1000.00 gross pay, -$50.00 tax and -$12.00 super.

Once you have done that, please confirm it for me here and I will need to then ask our app developers to step in and perform some work to remove the incorrect ABN from your app account.

Hello again @Rav. Thanks for your help.

Do I use todays date when it asks me pay date or the day I submitted to the ATO

I have 3 pay runs and 1updated event The updated event is the EOFY19/20 . Is the EOFY 19/20 generated by the program or would I have done it ?

Hi Gillian,

Do you have submissions sent under this incorrect ABN that fall within this financial year, or are they solely in the 2019/20 financial year? Or both?

• To update a balance in the 2019/20 financial year, your update event needs to be dated 30 June 2020 or any date in the previous financial year.
    • To update a balance in the current 2020/21 financial year, your update needs to be dated with a date in the current financial year eg. you could use today's date if you wish.

So if those 3 pay runs in your app are all in the one financial year, lets say 2019/20 then you'll only need to do one Update Event dated 30 June 2020. However if one or more of those pay runs are also in the current 2020/21 financial year then you'll need to do a second Update Event dated in this FY to account for the balance sent in the current year.

Hopefully that makes sense, I know it might be a bit confusing but let me know if you have any questions

Morning @Rav

Sorry for the delay,

I have now completed my negative values and hopefully I am back to zero for 2019/2020 and 2020/2021

Lets hope I have correctly done the job

Thanks for doing that @Gillianmurray

I'm now going to send this through to our app devs to facilitate the removal of the existing (incorrect) ABN from your app account. I'll confirm with you once I've heard back that its completed.