Access violation

Mallee
Mallee Member Posts: 10

Hi

I have just tried to logon to my Payroll Premier and it comes up with Exception Occured at address. Access Violation

Is there anyone I can contact to fix this problem. My next payrun is tomorrow

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Mallee

Where exactly are you encountering this message? When you try to open Payroll Premier itself? Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Are you opening the software from the shortcut on your desktop or from within the Start menu etc?

Or is it when performing a certain task when you're already in the program?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mallee

It appears when i click on the shortcut on the desktop

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I've had a chat with our technical support team in regard to this. Their first recommendation is to run Payroll Premier as Admin and see if it launches as normal for you.

Failing that, their next suggestion is to completely uninstall Payroll Premier from your PC. Restart your PC and then reinstall the software and launch your file.

It should do the trick but let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mallee

Thank you I will give it a go

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff

Hi Mallee,

Just following up on this.

Can you confirm whether the uninstall/re-install procedure has resolved the issue for you?

• Mallee

Hi Rav and team

This did not work at all. I contacted reckon and they had to delete a file then reinstall my back up files. They said it wasn't necessary to uninstall payroll premier. But i thank you for your assistance

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff

HI Mallee,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

The method of uninstall/re-install is one that eliminates the software as the potential point of failure.

The method of deleting a file (likely the existing company file QPW) and then restoring a good older backup confirms that the issue was only isolated to the specific company file.

If deleting the file and restoring the good older backups from a previous pay run has resolved the issue, then it was just the previous company data file that had a problem.