how to change pay date after submitted?

Hi. I put the wrong pay date, cannot fix after submitted.

how can i fix the pay date??

Comments

• gllifisgllifis Member Posts: 7

Hi.

I reported all 2019, 2020 payment summary by using

'NEW UPDATE EVENT' so theres no payment summary, and cannot mody anything. I should have click

'NEW PAY RUN' but i didnt.

how can i change this update event to pay run???

Hi. i cannot make new payrun for 2019 since the maximum date roll back is 2020 Jan.

how can i make 2019 new pay runs?

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator

Hi @gllifis

I've merged your posts together just to make it a bit easier. In terms of all of the above, are you trying to do this to send through an End of Financial Year finalisation?

You cannot submit any further pay runs dated prior to January 2020. Is there any particular reason you need to do that?

Sending Update Events as opposed to a pay run, while not ideal, isn't something that will hold you back from performing any actions eg. EOFY.

Can you let me know what you're looking to do and I'll try to get you headed in the right direction.

Hi I reported pay runs from 2019 july to feb of 2020 by using

'update event'( had error, so i clicked update, modified. then it becomes like this)

it doesnt show any work perioed and not showing gross payment, so the accountant cannot proceed further for fonalise 2020.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator

As far as the app is concerned when it comes to EOFY finalisations, it does not matter that you have only sent Update Events, the crucial aspect is ensuring the employee balances that are showing in the EOFY Finalisation report are correct. If you need to finalise the 2019/20 financial year then I'd recommend you follow the steps below.

• Open a new 2019/20 EOFY Finalisation report by clicking the blue + symbol and selecting the 2019/20 EOFY report option.
    • Go through your employee balances and ensure that they are correct and match what they should be in reality.
    • Close and delete this EOFY report.
    • If the employee balances are not correct to reality, then you need to correct them by creating an Update Event and date it in the last financial year. You can use any date for the Update Event as long as it falls in the last FY eg. 30 June 2020. There is more information on how to use an Update Event HERE.
    • Once that is done and the balances are correct then open another NEW 2019/20 EOFY report. You will see that the employee balances are correct and when they are, send the EOFY finalisation through. Doing so will OVERWRITE ANY AND ALL BALANCES PREVIOUSLY SENT TO THE ATO.

I'll link our full EOFY guide for the free STP app below -