Branch code

benzenbenzen Member Posts: 15
edited February 28 in Single Touch Payroll App

Hi

I lodged my first pay run however the gst code was 1 when it was meant to be 2.

I thought I had registered my software ID but I hadn’t. I tried emailing [email protected] but the address is invalid.

how can I change my gst branch from 1 to 2. I’m using the free STP MOBILE APP.

cheers

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,230 Community Manager

Hi @benzen

What is the ABN that you have registered to your STP app account?

Is the email address for your app account the same one that is registered to this Reckon Community account?

• benzenbenzen Member Posts: 15

Hi Rav,

the ABN is 96641980789 and yes the email address is the same.

cheers

Thanks @benzen

Can I just confirm, the submissions that you've sent to the ATO have not been successful correct? They show an 'Error' due to the Software ID not being registered.

The reason I ask is, if any of the submissions have been accepted, you'll need to bring those balances back to zero first before our devs can make any changes to the branch side of things.

Let me know.

Hi Rav,

when I go into the employee summary it shows the amounts for the one pay run I did. Including the corrected amount for super I submitted via an event update.

however when I go into the pay run section it only shows 1x draft and 2x errors. These were for the event updates I tried to submit as the super amount was incorrect.

cheers

ben

Great, that's what I needed. Cheers for that. Ok, there are two options from here.

The first is the quicker of the two and involves creating a brand new account in the STP app under a different email address so that you can register the ABN again but with the correct branch 2 this time around.

The second option is a bit more involved and involves getting our app devs to take a look at things on the backend and how to change the branch number for the existing registration/account.

Either way, let me know which way you'd like to go.

Great thanks for the feedback.

How long would option 2 take?

If possible I’d prefer to keep the email address

cheers

That's a hard one for me to say as it goes to the devs and from what I understand is a bit of complicated process to action but achievable.

If you're ok with going down option 2 and it taking a little time, then I'll get it organised and send it through now. Let me know

When you say a little time is that possibly a few days or a week perhaps?

if it’s longer I may consider the new email address option?

I'm going to estimate 5 business days, while its likely it will be done sooner than that I can't make any promises. Just don't want to set the wrong expectation that's all.

Ok thanks.

Can we please move forward with option 2 and get the devs to change the branch number.

cheers

Ben

G’day,

just wanted to make sure that we were moving forward with option 2 please to get the gst branch changed from 1 to 2

cheers

edited March 3

Yep, I've sent it through to our devs yesterday. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Great thank you very much

Hi Rav,

just thought I would touch base to see how the devs were going with changing the gst branch number from 1 to 2.

kind regards,

ben

The devs raised the ticket for your job on Thursday morning. They'll let me know when they've completed the required work for it and closed the job. I'll let you know when I hear back from them as well.

Cheers

Great - thank you very much.

Hi Rav,

it looks like my GST Branch code has now been changed to 2

cheers

ben

Hi Rav,

Thank you as now the GST Branch code is sorted.

however I think I have another issue.

when I go into Bree’s pay summary section it shows the total amount I have paid her as well as tax and super. I did a pay run on Feb 24th and today on March 10th.

however when I go into the pay runs section (history or all) the pay run for Feb 24th doesn’t show at all?

do I need to redo the pay run for Feb 24th.

hope that was clear

cheers

ben

Glad to hear that's sorted.

I can see that you've got a few Update Events in varying statuses from the 24th of Feb, can you give me a bit of a rundown on what's happened there? Were the ones that returned an error due to the branch number issue that has now been solved?

Also something to keep in mind is, the Pay Summary section in the app shows an accumulated total of all submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending AND any YTD pay balance that was entered for the employee when they were first set up. It does not show a 'live' figure of what the ATO has on their end.

I did a pay run (that’s not showing in the history) on Feb 24th and realised the amount of super I entered was wrong so I did an event update to increase the super amount.

the Event update that was accepted on the 24th (after the brach code had been changed) doesn’t have any amounts in it anyway.

so the ATO doesn’t have a record of the pay run I did on Feb 24th?

do I need to delete those Feb 24 events and do another one?

There's potentially a couple of things you could do or at least check.

First up, do you have access to the ATO Business Portal? If you do, I'd suggest logging in and checking the recent submissions that have been received on the ATO end. Keep in mind, the Update Events that you'll see in the Business Portal will not show a figure as there is no employer component to update event submissions, they are only adjusting employee data. An employee will be able to see their balances via their MyGov account.

The second thing is, if you're more comfortable with recreating the pay run submission and sending it through you're more than welcome to do so. Please note though, the Pay Summary balance will take into account ALL submissions as I mentioned so may not show exactly what you're expecting it to. However with that said, when it comes to EOFY time in a few months, the finalisation you send through will correct and overwrite all balances anyway.

Hi Rav,

So if I wanted I could delete the draft and error event updates for Feb 24 then just do another pay run for that particular time period? now the branch code is correct.

Only pay runs or event updates that are considered "Done" are submitted to the ATO even though they show u up in the pay summary correct? so in actual fact the only thing the ATO has received from me is my last pay run on March 10th. Everything else (apart from the event update on Feb 24th - which has nothing anyway) has not been received by the ATO

Cheers

You can only delete submissions that are in 'Draft' status. Anything that has been sent to the ATO regardless of whether its 'Success' or 'Error' will remain as it is in your list as we're required by the ATO to retain sent submissions.

Only pay runs or event updates that are considered "Done" are submitted to the ATO even though they show u up in the pay summary correct?

That is correct.

You can create the pay run from the 24th again and send it through. As I previously mentioned, at EOFY time this will all be corrected and overwritten when you send through your finalisation.

ok thank you very much

have a great day