Incorrect setup

Jagar91Jagar91 Member Posts: 5

Hi, have been using this system for 2 years and have found it very user friendly. I made an initial error when I set up my employee. All payslips are fine but I see I have put his salary amount into a line that says + initial YTD Gross Pay so when he has gone to lodge his F19/20 Tax it shows he has been paid double the amount. This line should have been left at $0.00 then he would have the correct amount. I need to know how I can change this. Need to get this sorted ASAP. Thank you.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,230 Community Manager

HI @Jagar91

You can make an amendment to the employee's balance by creating an Update Event in the app.

I'll link a guide below which outlines step by step how to use an Update Event to make corrections.

Please note, if you are amending a balance in the previous 2019/20 financial year, then please ensure you date your Update Event with a date that falls in that financial year ie. you can use 30 June 2020.

After you have completed the necessary corrections you will need to send a new 2019/20 EOFY finalisation through the app which will then overwrite the previous balance that has been received by the ATO.

• Jagar91Jagar91 Member Posts: 5

Hello, how do I find “update Event”

The first thing is, please ensure you are on the latest version of the app (currently v1.13.5). Check your app store for available updates.

Once you've done that, click the blue + symbol and select 'New Update Event'.

Hello, firstly I would like to say thankyou for the previous help I received regarding Update Events, got it sorted. I just have one more question regarding this matter. I completed the updated event in the STP App that did not have payroll as this is the one I was using during F19/20. My employees gross total is now correct. At the start of this year I started using the STP app with payroll and I have just noticed the total amount for F19/20 has not changed to the correct amount and no Update Event show in the runs. Do I have to enter the Update Event again in the Payroll App or will the ATO recognise the updated events in the old app? In the old app it says approved by ATO.

edited March 4

I wasn't aware that you are now using the (paid) Payroll App before advising the info above which is intended for the free STP app. This should have been disclosed from the outset as there are different processes depending on the app/situation.

At the start of this year I started using the STP app with payroll and I have just noticed the total amount for F19/20 has not changed to the correct amount and no Update Event show in the runs. Do I have to enter the Update Event again in the Payroll App or will the ATO recognise the updated events in the old app? In the old app it says approved by ATO.

Any changes that are made in the STP app will not flow over to the Payroll App now that you've migrated over to it. What should have happened is for you to make changes in the Payroll App now that you are using it as you don't need to go back to the STP app.

After you sent the Update Event from the STP app did you send a new 2019/20 end of financial year finalisation as I suggested in my first reply?

No I wanted to make sure it was correct first

Right ok.

In that case, there are two things you need to do from here.

Send the 2019/20 EOFY finalisation from the STP app as I outlined previously. If you need info on how to do this, you'll find a step by step guide here.

Once that is done, make a YTD adjustment to fix/correct the balances in the Payroll app that you are now using.

Thank you, really appreciate your assistance. I'm going to take my time with this tomorrow. Just one more question (I know the answer) just need it hear it from you, when I make a YTD adjustment in the payroll app it will still be for F19/20.😂