Does Reckon have a Definition for the new employment codes?

Options
Diane W
Diane W Member Posts: 41

Hi Rav,

Since the update to Reckon Accounts Premier 2021 and Tax Schedule 2021 I can see the new tax codes when setting up a new employee. In particular, I need to know the difference between Casual (CA) and Casual Part Time (CAPT) but I've not found any info in Reckon Accounts Help.

Can you point me in the right direction to find this info please?

Thanks

Diane

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi @Diane W

Are you sure this relates to Reckon Accounts Premier 2021? You've mentioned it in your opening post however the discussion itself has been created in the Payroll Premier category.

This is a screenshot of the AU tax codes in Reckon Accounts Premier (AU edition)

This is a screenshot of the NZ tax codes in Reckon Accounts Premier (NZ edition)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Diane W
    Options

Hi Rav,

Sorry, I am referring to the employment type that's now available in Reckon Accounts Premier. Please see what I can see, below.

You can choose between Casual (CA) and Casual Part Time (CAPT) for new employees, which I set up my first new employee since July 1st this morning. I have checked with ICB also and was advised that this change (STP Stage 2) wouldn't be active until Jan 1st 2022, however it appears the choice is here already.

Does Reckon has a definition for each of these employment types, in line with the STP Stage 2 changes?

Thanks.

• Diane W
    Options

Sorry, I didn't intend to post in the Payroll Premier Category Rav. I am using Reckon Accounts Premier package.

Thanks.

Di

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I'm trying to get a bit more info on this for you Diane but from what I know so far, the supported entries for STP purposes are;

F = Full time,

P = Part time,

C = Casual,

L = Labour Hire,

V = Voluntary Agreement,

D= Death benefits,

N = Non-employee

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Diane W
    Options

Hi Rav,

That may be the case from the ATO/STP side of the equation, but within Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2021 itself I am given the 7 types to choose from when entering a new employee, included in my previous message.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Regards,

Di