SGC calculation

Options
Kali
Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Other than the SGC rate going from 9.5% to 10% has anything else changed with how Reckon calculates super?

I am finding the system's calculation to be wrong - take the following employee's wages throughout August:

He worked 3 out of the 4 weeks with gross wages as follows:

1st week - $271.53 (no super which is correct - under $450.00 threshold)

2nd week - $1149.30 system calculated $124.97

3rd week - $1149.29 system calculated $124.34

System is calculating a total of $249.31 for the month of August. I believe this to be incorrect.

I believe it should be:

1st week - $0

2nd week - $142.08 (1st week + 2nd week gross x 10%)

3rd week - $114.93 ($1149.29 x 10% = $114.93)

Total should be: $257.01.

All wages are superable for the 3 weeks.

Can someone please tell me what i'm missing??? I have never had this problem before.

Comments

• Kali
    Options

Hi @Rav,

Any luck with this one - it's a bit of a concern?

Cheers,

Kali

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Kali,

I've asked our Payroll Premier product owner to review your calculations and confirm the situation. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JPK1969
    JPK1969 Member Posts: 28
    Options

@Kali

Your calculations are correct - the $450 threshold is a monthly threshold. If an employee earns over $450 in a month then super is payable on the full amount for the month.

• Kali
    Options

@JPK1969 thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy.

@Rav any luck with this yet? I don't particularly want to have to check 250+ employees SGC calculations every week but with the above in my mind, I am now concerned the system is calculating other employees incorrectly.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Kali, the Product Manager has advised that there have been no changes made other than the default rate now being 10%. The way in which the software performs calculations hasn't been altered.

Can you please get in touch with our technical support team so we can have a technician take a deeper dive into this with you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JPK1969
    JPK1969 Member Posts: 28
    Options

@Kali

Just thinking about this some more - when you say "System is calculating a total of $249.31 for the month of August" is this from a report or from their pay slips?

I've worked with systems before when on the pay slips it shows that no super as accrued for a particular pay run, but in the end of month report, it has calculated correctly.

• Kali
    Options

@JPK1969 it was adding up the SGC on all the relevant pays. I had to change it manually before issuing the employee an incorrect pay slip.

Thanks again for your assistance and thoughts on this matter.

Cheers,

Kali