Emailing Payslips - Coming up with an error

Lyndle
Lyndle Member Posts: 5

Hi Rav, I am getting an error code: "Invalid Email Details - Either you email address or password is incorrect. If your email address is incorrect please edit it in you send forms preferences". My email address and password hasn't changed. I have gone to 'send form preferences' - all looks fine stating Gmail, my email address, server name & port. Do you have any suggestions?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Lyndle

There have been some recent changes Google have made in relation to security with their Google services including Gmail which has resulted in apps such as Reckon Accounts and others from connecting to their services with just a user name and password as before.

The good news is, there is a solution and I'll link our announcement about this below which contains a step by step walkthrough on how to solve it using an 'App Password'.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lyndle
    Lyndle Member Posts: 5

Hi Rav, upon loggin in to google I cannot seem to the the Verification

Not sure what to try

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

On that same page in your screenshot above you should see a search bar at the top. Type in 2 step verification into that and it should bring it up.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.